Declutter 10 Minutes a Day!
Covered up with STUFF? Join us for the 10 Minutes A Day Decluttering Challenge!
We are taking 1 week, just ten minutes a day to remove clutter from one area of our homes.
Clutter drains you–emotionally, mentally and physically. Attack the junk to simplify your life!
No matter how bad it is, you can make progress by focusing on one area and committing to spend just 10 minutes a day sorting items to throw away, give away and keep!
Click here to join the 30 Days Community so you don’t miss anything PLUS receive a FREE 10 Minutes a Day Decluttering Tool Kit!
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- 50 Ten Minute Tasks – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- 10 Minute Task Calendar – blank calendar to fill in your own 10 Minute Tasks
10 Minute Challenge Guidelines
1. Gather 3 large containers: boxes, plastic bags or laundry baskets. Label them “GIVE AWAY”, “THROW AWAY” and “PUT AWAY”.
2. Choose one area of your home such as your master bedroom or your kitchen.
3. Start with one small section of the room (1 drawer, 1 shelf, 1 cabinet) or one category (hanging clothes, books, etc.).
4. Spend just 10 minutes sorting your items. You can incorporate the Konmari* method of touching each item and paying attention to how you feel about it. If the item “sparks joy” in you — makes you feel happy– place it back in the space. If the item makes you feel sad, confused or drained place it in the appropriate container.
For items that don’t “spark joy” but which are immediately useful return them to the space but make a note to replace them with something better soon.
5. When your 10 minutes is up disperse the items. Place the discard items in a bag and put them in your car to take to the donation center. Throw away any trash and take misplaced items to the rooms where they belong. Place your 3 containers in a closet to use tomorrow.
*Marie Kondo recommends decluttering by category in a specific order. You can read more about the Konmari Method here. I have adapted her method to work for my personality and lifestyle but you should use what works best for you.
If you spend one week decluttering one area a day for only ten minutes, you’ll be amazed at how much you can accomplish! The clean spaces in your home will fuel your motivation to continue and before you know it, you’ll have a clean, organized house! (If you’re thinking,”It’s only 10 minutes. Why bother?” Click here to read “Why 10 Minutes Can Change Your Life”.)
You can do this!
Will you join us for the Ten Minute A Day Decluttering Challenge?
Read the latest 10 Minutes A Day Decluttering Post here and leave a comment about YOUR project!
Click here to follow me on Pinterest to see all my organizing tips and projects!
You May Also Enjoy: