Take a peek at my monthly vision board for February (plus learn how to make your own!).
Have you made your vision board for February yet?
Creating a monthly vision board helps you to:
- envision what you want to accomplish;
- stay focused;
- stay motivated,
In the past I created a vision board for the entire year, and while I do have goals for the year, I now create Monthly Vision Boards because the short window of time helps me to create more specific and do-able goals.
My Monthly Vision Board for February
I use the Joyful Life Playbook and Planner because it:
- has more structure than a bullet journal (it’s too easy to skip days and weeks in a bullet journal);
- allows flexibility within the structure because of the many blank sections;
- prevents me from being distracted by my phone when I’m planning because it’s a paper planner.
See how I organized with a bullet journal HERE. I switched back to the Joyful Life Playbook and Planner because I found that I needed the reminders that a calendar and weekly plan provide, otherwise I lose focus.
This month I created a collage of words and images that symbolize what I want to happen this month and taped the page over the monthly calendar section. I also added washi tape (mostly Recollections brand from Michael’s) to the the right side of the vision board.
(See my fave planning supplies HERE.)
HOW TO MAKE A MONTHLY VISION BOARD
To make my monthly vision board work I include three steps:
The first step in making an effective monthly vision board is to take a look back and celebrate all of the blessings, happy happenings and accomplishments of the previous month.
Some of the blessings and successes from January:
- a super fun New Year’s Eve celebration;
- creating and completing the Inspired in 2021 Challenge;
- a relaxing outing to some local gardens with my husband;
- a great coaching call regarding my business;
- seeing our daughter perform with the Glenn Miller Orchestra;
- dinner with friends we haven’t seen in a while.
Vision and Focus
The next step in creating an effective monthly vision board is to think about what you want to happen in the upcoming month so you can narrow your focus to what’s really most important for the next few weeks.
This month I’m:
- continuing to lighten the load – decluttering my home and life;
- practicing daily thanksgiving and gratitude;
- bringing more creativity and color into my life;
- resting more;
- focusing on what God is doing right now and not worrying about the future.
Must-Do’s for February
The final section of a good monthly vision board is the list of actions you need to take for the upcoming month. I review my goals for the year and quarter then plan my action steps for the month.
- daily brain dump;
- daily Bible reading;
- drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily;
- walking for exercise daily;
- eating a salad every day;
- bed by 10 – 10:30 nightly;
- (marriage) weekly dates with my husband ($10 Date ideas HERE);
- (marriage) loving and showing respect to my husband in tangible ways;
- (young adult kids) pray for my children daily;
- (young adult kids) text/call each child weekly;
- (friends) praying for and encouraging those in my small group;
- (friends) weekly phone call with at least one friend.
- (money) finish our tax prep;
- (money) give from every paycheck; pay $100 toward debt; save $100;
- (home) continue the declutter and organization of our home;
- (biz) post at least once a week on the website and on Instagram;
- (biz) clean up old posts and photos on my website;
- (biz) prep and organize a new ebook;
- (biz) read and implement ideas from a business book I recently received from friend;
- (personal) gratitude journaling.
If you haven’t tried creating a monthly vision board, I encourage you to start this month. You’ll be amazed at how it helps you to focus and get those tasks done that really matter the most to you.
It’s the system I’ve used for the past six years to create a life I love.
Tap HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your vision for this month, so leave a comment or a link below.
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: