Take a peek at my monthly vision board for November (plus learn how to make your own!).
Have you made your vision board for November yet?
Creating a monthly vision board has been so helpful to keep me focused, motivated and on track with where I want to go in life.
In the past I created a vision board for the entire year, but I love how monthly vision boards give more focus because the short window of time makes me create more specific and do-able goals.
My Monthly Vision Board for November
I use the Joyful Life Playbook and Planner because it has more structure than a bullet journal, yet allows the flexibility I need to adjust as life changes. I tried to organize with a bullet journal, but I found that I needed the reminders that a calendar and weekly plan provide. It was too easy for me to skip weeks and lose focus.
This month I created a collage of words and images that symbolize what I want to happen this month and taped the page in with washi tape over the monthly calendar section. I also added washi tape (mostly Recollections brand from Michael’s) to the the right side of the vision board.
(See my fave planning supplies HERE.)
HOW TO MAKE A MONTHLY VISION BOARD
To make my monthly vision board work I include three steps:
The first step in making an effective monthly vision board is to take a look back and celebrate all of the blessings, happy happenings and accomplishments of the previous month.
I’m celebrating these blessings and successes from August:
- My first art festival was very successful.
- I had some fun dates with my husband.
- I made some unexpected sales of the Joyful Life Planner.
- We paid off some debt.
- I decluttered and organized my office.
- I had more sponsored posts than expected.
- I finished most of my Christmas shopping.
Vision and Focus
The next step in creating an effective monthly vision board is to think about what you want to happen in the upcoming month so you can narrow your focus to what’s really most important for the next few weeks.
This month I’m focusing on:
- Doing more of what I love.
- Feeling confident in my abilities and talents.
- Transitioning to new things God has for me.
Must-Do’s/Goals for November
The final section of a good monthly vision board is the list of actions you need to take for the upcoming month.
I divide this section into six segments: personal, people, passion, purpose, projects and events.
This month I’m planning:
- drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily
- reading the Bible daily
- walking for exercise daily
- bed by 10 – 10:30 nightly
- eat Gluten Free
- daily brain dump
- bed by 10 – 10:30 nightly
- (marriage) weekly dates with my husband (410 Date ideas HERE)
- (marriage) loving and showing respect to my husband in tangible ways
- (young adult kids) pray for my children daily
- (young adult kids) text/call each child weekly
- (friends) coffee date with a friend
- (friends) have one family over for dinner
- (friends) weekly phone call with at least one friend
- (extended family) call weekly, pray for them
- spending time in nature
- doing art work every day
- praying daily for my husband and family
- taking every opportunity to encourage others in anyway that I can
- (money) give from every paycheck; pay $100 toward debt; save $100
- (home) organizing our guest bedroom
- (biz) posting at least 3 times a week on the website and on Instagram
- (biz) end of year promotions
- (biz) work on second site
- (biz) finish new Joyful Life Planner
If you haven’t tried creating a monthly vision board, I encourage you to start this month. You’ll be amazed at how it helps you to focus and get those tasks done that really matter the most to you.
If you want a planning system that incorporates a monthly vision board as well as other creative organizing tools, try the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
It’s the system I’ve used for the past six years to create a life I love.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your vision for this month, so leave a comment or a link below.
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: