Take a peek at my monthly vision board for September (plus learn how to make your own!)
Have you made your monthly vision board for September yet?
I haven’t posted my vision boards for many months, and honestly, during the first few months of quarantine, I didn’t create any monthly vision boards.
It went something like this:
Finally I’m beginning to feel like I can get back on track so I’m sharing my September monthly vision board, and hopefully it will encourage you to think about the upcoming month as well.
I love monthly vision boards because focusing on the short window of a month enables you to break down your goals into more do-able, short-term steps so you can easily focus and make progress.
My Monthly Vision Board for September
I use the Joyful Life Playbook and Planner because it has more structure than a bullet journal, yet allows the flexibility I need to adjust as life changes. I tried to organize with a bullet journal, but I found that I needed the reminders that a calendar and weekly plan provide. It was too easy for me to skip weeks and lose focus.
This month I created a collage of words and images that symbolize what I want to happen this month and added them to the Vision and Focus section. I also added washi tape (mostly Recollections brand from Michael’s). (See my fave planning supplies HERE.)
HOW TO MAKE A MONTHLY VISION BOARD
To make my monthly vision board work I include three steps:
The first step in making an effective monthly vision board is to take a look back and celebrate all of the blessings, happy happenings and accomplishments of the previous month.
I’m celebrating these blessings and successes from August:
- Being able to visit my mom.
- Having more energy.
- Fun dates with my husband.
- My daughter receiving a huge promotion at work.
- Doing artwork more often.
- Clearing out our back yard.
- Posting more often on my website.
- Letting go of some issues that were bothering me.
Vision and Focus
The next step in creating an effective monthly vision board is to think about what you want to happen in the upcoming month so you can narrow your focus to what’s really most important for the next few weeks.
This month I’m focusing on:
- Making the most of my time with a stricter weekly and daily schedule.
- Finding rest spiritually and physically.
- Being a positive influence in everything that I do, everywhere that I am.
Must-Do’s/Goals for September
The final section of a good monthly vision board is the list of actions you need to take for the upcoming month.
This month I’m planning:
- bed by 10 – 10:30 nightly;
- eat Gluten Free;
- daily brain dump (I’ve let this slip lately, but it’s SO helpful to me);
- my usual self-care routines including drinking lots of water and exercising daily;
- spending weekly time in nature;
- do artwork at least once a week, preferably more often.
- (marriage) weekly dates with my husband ($10 Date ideas HERE);
- (marriage) loving and showing respect to my husband in tangible ways;
- (young adult kids) pray for my children daily;
- (young adult kids) text/call each child weekly;
- (friends) coffee date with a friend;
- (friends) weekly phone call with at least one friend;
- (extended family) call weekly, pray for them.
- (money) giving from every paycheck; paying $100 toward debt; saving $100;
- (biz) hosting the SHIFT Challenge on The Peaceful Mom;
- (biz) posting at least 3 times a week on the website and on Instagram;
- (biz) create monthly gift for subscribers;
- (home) declutter one room.
If you haven’t tried creating a monthly vision board, I encourage you to start this month. You’ll be amazed at how it helps you to focus and get those tasks done that really matter the most to you.
If you want a planning system that incorporates a monthly vision board as well as other creative organizing tools, try the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
It’s the system I’ve used for the past five years to create a life I love.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your vision for this month, so leave a comment or a link below.
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: