See my goals update for October — and let me know how you’re progressing with your goals.
Time for my monthly goal check-in to help me stay accountable with what I say I want to do, and to remind you to check your progress. 🙂
I would love for you to share your progress in the comments below or send me an email using the Contact Form HERE.
2019 Goals Update – October
See my 2019 Annual Goals and read about how I’m setting goals differently this year HERE.
My Spiritual Health
Vision: Constantly Spiritually Connected
It’s been a good month for these spiritual habits!
My Physical Health
Vision: Healthily Energized
- walk vigorously at least 25 minutes daily ¾ ✔
- do exercise videos at least once a week ✔
- daily physical therapy exercises ✔
- eat protein for breakfast daily ✔
- try to eat gluten free and low carb most of the time ✔
- drink 6-8 glasses of water daily ✔
- go to bed by 10 pm without my phone ½ ✔
- do art work when I watch tv instead of eating ✔
SO happy with these goals! I changed my goal habit from “do exercise videos at least once a week” to “dance 5 minutes a day” — and it made all the difference. Dancing is much more positive to me than exercise videos, plus it’s fun. Breaking it down to just 5 minutes makes me think,”I can do that!” because it’s such a short amount of time.
I also added the dance habit to my morning routine so I have it scheduled into my day which makes me much more likely to actually accomplish it.
I’m also doing better with going to bed on time.
My Emotional/Mental Health
Vision: Joyfully Content
- art journal when I feel like it ✔
- laugh daily (watch funny videos or read funny blogs/books) ✔
- spend time in nature at least once a week ¾ ✔
- play with my dog daily ✔
- weekly counseling X (Changing to monthly)
I still haven’t made it to counseling, but I have a mentor that I speak with every week and that’s helping tremendously.
Vision: Happily In Love
- kiss my husband passionately at least once a day ✔
- speak kind words/express my gratitude daily ✔
- laugh often ✔
- weekly date night ($10 Date Night Ideas) ✔
weekend getaway at least once this year
This was another great month for fun dates with my husband. After binge watching Downton Abbey to finish all the seasons in two weeks, we saw the movie and loved it. We enjoyed lots of free dates by watching movies from the library, but we were also able to go out to eat thanks to a gift certificate my husband received at work. I always love any meal I don’t have to cook!
Vision: Connected But Not Codependent
- pray daily for my children ✔
- put down my electronics when someone is speaking to me & look at them ✔
- daily chat time (take a walk or chat at bedtime) ¾ ✔
- at least three family fun outings this year (challenging now that everyone is older and has a job/college classes) ✔
I’m doing better with having daily chat time with my youngest, but there’s still room for improvement.
I’m really looking forward to everyone being here for Thanksgiving!
My Extended Family/Friends
Vision: Connected and Loving
- pray for extended family members at least weekly ½ ✔
- weekly phone calls or texts to my parents, sisters ✔
- weekly call or text with close friends ✔
- monthly coffee date with at least one friend X
I still haven’t made time for coffee with a friend, although I have been talking on the phone with my sister and another friend so I’m not completely socially deprived. My family has been more of a priority this past month so I’ll try again next month.
Vision: Ridiculously Generous and Abundantly Provided For
- have a weekly money meeting to plan our paycheck (Budget Binder Printables) ✔
- save for guest bath drywall repair and refresh ✔
save to repair drywall in master bath work toward finishing our long-term emergency fund
- give money from every paycheck ✔
- work toward paying off medical bills ✔
I’ll post more details in my monthly financial update, but these goals are going well. This has been a no-spend October so we were able to save to pay more toward our medical bills.
Vision: Focused and Profitable
- daily prayer and planning for business projects ✔
- create an even better experience for my readers ✔
- maximize what I currently have that’s working ✔
I’m happy with my progress on these goals. I’ve been working on improving the site and my email welcome series.
And I have a fun project launching November 20th to help you manage your time better so stay tuned!
Vision: Peaceful Haven of Hospitality
- continue daily 10 Minute Declutter starting with my office X
- continue weekly cleaning schedule X
- invite people over at least monthly X
October was really busy with family obligations (one daughter has health issues we’re dealing with and two of my daughters were involved in car accidents) so cleaning and decluttering haven’t been a top priority. I’ve done the bare minimum with cleaning (See my 1 Minute Clean Routines HERE).
We also didn’t have anyone over so hopefully these goals will go better next month.
That’s it for this month’s goal check in. My success is definitely because I use the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
It helps me to not only set good goals, but to actually accomplish them!
Tap HERE to learn more!
Tap HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your progress on your goals and habits for the last month, so please leave a comment or a link below. 🙂
We’re In This Together!
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: