See our family budget update: what we spent, what we saved and if we met our financial goals.
By popular demand, I’m bringing back our family budget updates.
Each month I’m sharing the financial goals we’re working on and how things are going in real life, which will help to keep me accountable and hopefully encourage you in your budgeting journey.
Family Budget Update September
Our Vision: To be wise stewards of our resources using the abundance God provides to meet our basic needs and to be ridiculously generous where He leads.
September Financial Goals
- Hold weekly budget meetings to plan every paycheck. ✔
- Give money from every paycheck. ✔
- Minimize expenses (See our $60 Grocery Budget Meal Plans HERE.) ✔
- Pay at least $100 this month toward medical bills. ✔
Spending for September
(See the budgeted amount in parenthesis; spending amount after the colon. Amounts in red are over budget.)
mortgage, taxes and insurance ($1138/month): $1138
utilities- water, power, internet ($250/month): $191.30
cell phones ($40/month): $40
groceries ($60/week or $240/month): $238.62
non-food household items/toiletries ($25/month): $7.46
car – gas, tolls, maintenance ($300/month): $142
car insurance ($120/month): $120
medical – doctor visits, prescriptions, counseling fees ($100/month): $87.40
clothing ($25): $0
life insurance ($51/month): $51
health insurance ($300/month): $300
pet costs ($40/month): $12.77
personal spending ($10 each/weekly -$80/month): $49
weekly dates ($80/month): $36.49
Total Budgeted: $2789/month Total Spent in August: $2414.04 + Giving ($375.96 under budget – yay!
With the money we saved from the budget we were able to pay more than expected toward our medical bills — yay!
Total Debt Repayment in September: $300
October Financial Goals
- Continue giving from every paycheck.
- Continue weekly budget meetings to plan every paycheck.
- Keep expenses as low as possible.
- Continue paying off medical bills.
Join the Happy Money Club and get my 5 Day Money Makeover Course and Creative Budget Binder Printables FREE!
Click HERE to join us!
I would love to hear how you’re doing with your financial goals so leave a comment. 🙂
We can do this!
P.S. – See my 2019 Goals Post HERE with all of my goals for this year.
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: