See my goals update for September — and let me know how your goals are going.
Time for my monthly goal check-in to help me stay accountable with what I say I want to do. If you need some accountability too, join in and leave a comment below to let me know how you did with your goals during September.
Every month I create a vision board and set monthly goals based on my annual goals to help me stay on track. You can see my September Monthly Vision Board HERE.
Here’s a look at how last month went for me and I would love for you to share your progress in the comments below or send me an email using the Contact Form HERE.
2019 Goals Update – September
See my 2019 Annual Goals and read about how I’m setting goals differently this year HERE.
My Spiritual Health
Vision: Constantly Spiritually Connected
Another 3/4 check for my morning brain dump and journaling sessions because I was inconsistent with that last month.
I’m leaning into this goal for the upcoming month because it makes SUCH a difference in how calm and organized I feel.
My Physical Health
Vision: Healthily Energized
- walk vigorously at least 25 minutes daily ½ ✔
- do exercise videos once a week ✔
- daily physical therapy exercises ✔
- eat protein for breakfast daily ✔
- try to eat gluten free and low carb most of the time ✔
- drink 6-8 glasses of water daily✔
- go to bed by 10 pm without my phone X
- do art work in front of the tv instead of eating ✔
While I’ve only been walking 15 to 20 minutes a day, I’m so happy to report that I’ve been consistently working out with videos most mornings. I found an online dance instructor who uses a few basic moves in each segment then encourages you to do whatever you feel like doing. It’s been so freeing and I discovered that I actually love dancing!
I have also really enjoyed doing artwork whenever I watch television. It’s very relaxing and makes me feel like I’m not totally wasting my time. You can see my latest arty obsession HERE.
I’m still watching You Tube videos on my phone before going to sleep. Although I only watch a few, I’m sure it’s better to not go to bed with my phone. I just honestly don’t want to stop, so I should probably remove this from the goal list.
My Emotional/Mental Health
Vision: Joyfully Content
- art journal when I feel like it ✔
- laugh daily (watch funny videos or read funny blogs/books) ✔
- spend time in nature at least once a week ½ ✔
- play with my dog daily ✔
- weekly counseling X (changing to monthly)
All of these goals are going well, although I only made it to the park twice last month. I am scheduling that in my calendar each week to make sure it happens because it makes such a huge difference in my emotional and mental well-being.
I still haven’t made a counseling appointment, but plan on making one soon.
Vision: Happily In Love
- kiss my husband passionately at least once a day ✔
- speak kind words/express my gratitude daily ✔
- laugh often ✔
- weekly date night ($10 Date Night Ideas) ✔
weekend getaway at least once this year
My husband and I have enjoyed some really great dates in the past few weeks. We also decided to start watching “Downton Abbey” together, the first time for both of us. It was fun to have something to look forward to in the evenings and made the movie much more enjoyable because we actually knew what was going on.
Vision: Connected But Not Codependent
- pray daily for my children ✔
- put down my electronics when someone is speaking to me & look at them ✔
- daily chat time (take a walk or chat at bedtime) ¾ ✔
- at least three family fun outings this year (challenging now that everyone is older and has a job/college classes) ✔
Last month we had a fun family sleepover, and I had an outing with each of my daughters individually so I’m a happy mom. I’m still working on consistently having daily chat time with my youngest daughter who is still at home. Her work schedule and the fact that I like to go to bed earlier than she does make it a challenge.
My Extended Family/Friends
Vision: Connected and Loving
- pray for extended family members at least weekly ½ ✔
- weekly phone calls or texts to my parents, sisters ✔
- weekly call or text with close friends ✔
- monthly coffee date with at least one friend X
I did not consistently pray for my extended family last month and I didn’t have a coffee date with a friend. I’ll try again this month.
Vision: Ridiculously Generous and Abundantly Provided For
- have a weekly money meeting to plan our paycheck (Budget Binder Printables) ✔
- save for guest bath drywall repair and refresh ✔
save to repair drywall in master bath work toward finishing our long-term emergency fund
- give money from every paycheck ✔
- work toward paying off medical bills ✔
I’ll post more details in my monthly financial update, but these goals are going well. We were able to pay off several hundred dollars of our medical bills, so that made me happy.
Our primary savings goal is paying off these medical bills, so the master bath project and long-term emergency fund are on the back burner for now.
Vision: Focused and Profitable
- daily prayer and planning for business projects ✔
- create an even better experience for my readers ✔
- maximize what I currently have that’s working ✔
I feel good about the progress I’m making on these goals, and I happily launched my latest project on September 25th!
Vision: Peaceful Haven of Hospitality
- continue daily 10 Minute Declutter starting with my office ✔
- continue weekly cleaning schedule ✔
- invite people over at least monthly X
I decluttered our entertainment center, but we didn’t have anyone over last month. We’ve invited friends for this week, so hopefully that will happen.
That’s it for this month’s goal check in. My success is definitely due to using THIS tool that helps me to not only set good goals, but actually accomplish them! It’s the system I’ve used for the past five years to create a life I love.
If you want to start living YOUR best life, check out the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your progress on your goals and habits for the last month, so please leave a comment or a link below. 🙂
We’re In This Together!
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: