Take a peek at my monthly vision board for October (plus learn how to make your own!)
Have you made your monthly vision board for October yet?
Today I’m sharing mine to hopefully encourage you to think now about the upcoming month.
Focusing on the short window of a month enables you to break down your goals into more do-able, short-term steps so you can easily focus and make progress.
My Monthly Vision Board for October
I use the Joyful Life Playbook and Planner because it has more structure than a bullet journal (I tried to organize with a bullet journal), yet allows the flexibility I need to adjust as life changes.
This month I created a collage of words and images that symbolize what I want to happen this month as well reminders of long-term vision. I also added washi tape. (See my fave planning supplies HERE.)
HOW TO MAKE A MONTHLY VISION BOARD
To make my monthly vision board work, I include three steps:
The first step in making an effective monthly vision board is to take a look back and celebrate all of the blessings, happy happenings and accomplishments of the previous month.
I’m celebrating these blessings from September:
- I launched my Joyful Life Coloring Journal which has received awesome reviews (and would make a fantastic gift)!
- I enjoyed some fun dates with my husband.
- I decluttered our entertainment center and donated many CD’s and DVD’s to our local library sale.
- I had a fun museum date with one of my daughters.
- I’ve been dancing every day and it makes me SO happy!
- I’ve been way more disciplined in the past month.
Vision and Focus
The next step in creating an effective monthly vision board is to think about what you want to happen in the upcoming month so you can narrow your focus to what’s really most important for the next few weeks.
This month I’m focusing on:
- Resting physically and mentally;
- Trusting God more;
- Accepting myself as I am;
- Being more myself in everyday interactions and in my business.
Must-Do’s This Month
The final section of a good monthly vision board is the list of actions you need to take for the upcoming month.
I divide this section into six segments: personal, people, passion, purpose, projects and events. I try to limit my action steps to just a couple in each category to ensure that I can actually accomplish them.
This month I’m planning:
- my usual self care routines including drinking lots of water and exercising daily;
- spending weekly time in nature;
- weekly dates with my husband as well as scheduled time with my daughters;
- dates with my daughters;
- dinner with a couple we love;
- connecting with two friends;
- loving and showing respect to my husband in tangible ways;
- creating a Holiday Planning Video to go with the Happy Holidays Planner that’s my gift to subscribers;
- working on an end-of-the-year project.
If you haven’t tried creating a monthly vision board, I encourage you to start this month. You’ll be amazed at how it helps you to focus and get those tasks done that really matter the most to you.
If you want a planning system that incorporates a monthly vision board as well as other creative organizing tools, try the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
It’s the system I’ve used for the past five years to create a life I love.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your vision for this month, so leave a comment or a link below with your focus for this month.
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: