Take a peek at my monthly vision board for September (plus learn how to make your own!)
Have you made your monthly vision board for September yet?
Today I’m sharing mine to hopefully encourage you to think now about the upcoming month.
Focusing on the short window of a month enables you to break down your goals into more do-able, short-term steps so you can easily focus and make progress.
My Monthly Vision Board for September
I use the Joyful Life Playbook and Planner because it has more structure than a bullet journal (I tried to organize with a bullet journal), yet allows the flexibility I need to adjust as life changes. You can also create your vision board on piece of paper. The important thing is to take time to think about the month ahead and make a plan.
To decorate the pages of my monthly vision board I usually use washi tape and stickers, and sometimes I cut words and pictures from magazines. (See my fave planning supplies HERE.)
HOW TO MAKE A MONTHLY VISION BOARD
To make my monthly vision board work, I include three steps:
The first step in making an effective monthly vision board is to take a look back and celebrate all of the blessings, happy happenings and accomplishments of the previous month.
I’m celebrating these blessings from August:
- My middle daughter won a large scholarship which pays for all of her tuition.
- I was able to spend lots of time with my daughters who have moved out.
- I made progress on a new exciting project for my business.
- I had two great coaching calls that were very helpful.
- I implemented some new systems that are helping me to stay more organized.
Vision and Focus
The next step in creating an effective monthly vision board is to think about what you want to happen in the upcoming month so you can narrow your focus to what’s really most important for the next few weeks.
This month I’m focusing on resting in God and trusting Him to guide me in what I need to do rather than worrying, but at the same time working toward specific goals to move me toward what I believe I am to do.
Must-Do’s This Month
The final section of a good monthly vision board is the list of actions you need to take for the upcoming month.
I divide this section into six segments: personal, people, passion, purpose, projects and events. I try to limit my action steps to just a couple in each category to ensure that I can actually accomplish them.
This month I’m planning:
- my usual self care routines including drinking lots of water and exercising daily
- weekly dates with my husband as well as scheduled time with my daughters
- connecting with two friends
- loving and showing respect to my husband in tangible ways
- hosting two couples for dinner at our home
- finishing and launching a new project I’m working on
- enjoying some vacation time with our family
If you haven’t tried creating a monthly vision board, I encourage you to start this month. You’ll be amazed at how it helps you to focus and get those tasks done that really matter the most to you.
If you want a planning system that incorporates a monthly vision board as well as other creative organizing tools, try the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
It’s the system I’ve used for the past five years to create a life I love.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your vision for this month, so leave a comment or a link below with your focus for this month.
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: