See my goals update for July — and let me know how your goals are going.
Well, it’s been a while.
You can read my life update HERE, but suffice it to say that I’ve missed a few goal update posts here on the blog.
But just like in real life, I’m moving on and jumping in where I am instead of worrying about what I missed.
I did set goals for March, April, May and June, but I didn’t make the time to post about them.
So how did you do with your goals for the past month?
Here’s a look at how the month went for me and I would love for you to share your progress in the comments below or send me an email using the Contact Form HERE.
2019 Goals Update – July
Read about how I’m setting goals differently this year HERE.
My Spiritual Health
Vision: Constantly Spiritually Connected
I’m giving myself a half check for my morning brain dump and journaling sessions because they were very inconsistent over the past couple of months, but I’m back on track now and SO much happier and more peaceful since re-starting this habit!
My Physical Health
Vision: Healthily Energized
- walk vigorously at least 25 minutes daily ✔
- do exercise videos once a week X
- daily physical therapy exercises ✔
- eat protein for breakfast daily ✔
try to eat gluten free and low carb most of the time
- drink 6-8 glasses of water daily✔
- go to bed by 10 pm without my phone X
- do art work in front of the tv instead of eating ✔
I’m currently attending physical therapy for back and neck issues related to a car accident so I’ve added those daily at-home exercises to my habits.
I’m not eating gluten free right now because we’re trying to save money to pay off some medical bills. You can see our $60 Grocery Budget Meal Plan and Shopping HERE.
We stopped paying for Netflix so I’ve been doing artwork every night and I love it. Still struggling with going to bed without my phone though. It’s hard to accomplish a goal that I know is good for me but that I don’t want to change. Anybody else?
My Emotional/Mental Health
Vision: Joyfully Content
- art journal when I feel like it ✔
- laugh daily (watch funny videos or read funny blogs/books) ✔
- spend time in nature at least once a week ✔
- play with my dog daily ✔
I decided to stop counseling for now because I feel like I’ve worked through some major issues and I’m in maintenance mode right now. It also helps us save money that we can use to pay off the medical bills we owe.
I’ve been fairly consistent with my park visits each week. So many studies have shown that spending time in the woods, a park or near a body of water can decrease stress levels, decrease blood pressure and reduce the risk of many health issues including diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Recently scientists determined that the optimal amount of time to spend in nature is two hours a week, so I’m making it even more of a priority.
Vision: Happily In Love
- kiss my husband passionately at least once a day ✔
- speak kind words/express my gratitude daily ✔
- laugh often ✔
- weekly date night ($10 Date Night Ideas) ✔
weekend getaway at least once this year
We are taking our weekend getaway off the list in order to save money, which is sad, but making a concerted effort to treat our weekends like vacation has been really great for our relationship.
Vision: Connected But Not Codependent
- pray daily for my children ✔
- put down my electronics when someone is speaking to me & look at them ✔
- daily chat time (take a walk or chat at bedtime) ½ ✔
- at least three family fun outings this year (challenging now that everyone is older and has a job/college classes) ✔
I haven’t been as consistent as I would like with the daily chat time with my youngest daughter who is still at home, so I will work more on that this month.
I was super excited to enjoy a family dinner party for Independence Day. I love spending time with my family, and appreciate it even more now that my three oldest children have moved out.
My Extended Family/Friends
Vision: Connected and Loving
- pray for extended family members at least weekly ✔
- weekly phone calls or texts to my parents, sisters ✔
- weekly call or text with close friends ✔
- monthly coffee date with at least one friend ✔
I’m happy with how these goals are going.
Vision: Ridiculously Generous and Abundantly Provided For
- have a weekly money meeting to plan our paycheck (Budget Binder Printables) ✔
- save for guest bath drywall repair and refresh ✔
save to repair drywall in master bath work toward finishing our long-term emergency fund
- give money from every paycheck ✔
We’re shifting our savings goal to paying off medical bills so the master bath project and long-term emergency fund will have to wait.
Vision: Focused and Profitable
- daily prayer and planning for business projects ✔
- create an even better experience for my readers ✔
- maximize what I currently have that’s working ✔
I feel good about the progress I’m making on these goals. I’m currently working on a project that I can’t wait to share with you.
Vision: Peaceful Haven of Hospitality
- continue daily 10 Minute Declutter starting with my office ✔
- continue weekly cleaning schedule ✔
- invite people over at least monthly ✔
I finished most of the office declutter. I just have some old files I need to go through. The garage is a work in progress although I cleaned out about 1/3 of it a few weeks ago.
We’ve enjoyed having several couples over for dinner and I really love having this as a goal.
THIS is the tool that helps me to not only set good goals, but actually accomplish them! It’s the system I’ve used for the past five years to create a life I love.
If you want to start living YOUR best life, check out the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your progress on your goals and habits for the last month, so please leave a comment or a link below. 🙂
We’re In This Together!
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: