Take a peek at my monthly vision boards for June and July (plus learn how to make your own!)
It’s been kinda’ crazy around here so I missed posting my June Monthly Vision Board on time. I did make one, so I’ll share it today with my July Monthly Vision Board for the upcoming month.
No matter how busy I am, I always make time to create a vision board for the month ahead. It may be simple, but creating a monthly vision board enables me to break down my big goals into more do-able, short-term steps so I can easily make progress.
I use the Joyful Life Playbook and Planner because it has more structure than a bullet journal (I tried to organize with a bullet journal), but the flexibility I need to adjust as life changes. You can also create your vision board on piece of paper.
To decorate the pages I usually use washi tape, as well as some words and phrases I cut out of magazines. (See my fave planning supplies HERE.)
My Monthly Vision Board for June
My focus for June was to do more art, and trust God for solutions to some issues we were facing. I took the time to create a visual vision board because these pictures represented what I wanted for the month.
In July I has less time so I simply used washi tape to decorate and a few stickers. Of course, we had to go with the Independence Day theme. 🙂
HOW TO MAKE A MONTHLY VISION BOARD
To make my monthly vision board work, I include three steps:
The first step in making an effective monthly vision board is to take a look back and celebrate all of the blessings, happy happenings and accomplishments of the previous month.
I’m celebrating these blessings from May and June:
- a fun wedding with friends
- a sweet family dinner for Mother’s Day
- a trip to visit my parents
- organizing my kitchen drawers and decluttering in the kitchen
- finding an antique dresser for free
- a fun party with our neighbors
- my daughter being safe after a car accident
- my youngest daughter graduating from high school
- enjoying a Father’s Day breakfast with my husband and daughter
- all three of our daughters finding good used cars
- cleaning out our master bedroom
Vision and Focus
The next step in creating an effective monthly vision board is to think about what you want to happen in the upcoming month so you can narrow your focus to what’s really most important for the next few weeks.
My focus for July is to connect more with God and others, and to experience God’s abundant gifts. Keeping this focus in mind helps me in making decisions over the month.
Must-Do’s This Month
The final section of a good monthly vision board is the list of actions you need to take for the upcoming month.
I divide this section into six segments: personal, people, passion, purpose, projects and events. I try to limit my action steps to just a couple in each category to ensure that I can actually accomplish them.
This month I’m planning:
- my usual self care routines including drinking lots of water and exercising daily
- weekly dates with my husband as well as scheduled chat time with my daughters
- dinner with two families we’re friends with
- time with a good friend
- lots of time doing art
- a nice dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary
- working on a couple of fun projects for my business
If you haven’t tried creating a monthly vision board, I encourage you to start this month. You’ll be amazed at how it helps you to focus on what truly matters most to you.
If you want a planning system that incorporates a monthly vision board as well as other creative organizing tools, try the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
It’s the system I’ve used for the past five years to create a life I love.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your vision for this month, so leave a comment or a link below with your focus for this month.
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: