Take a peek at my monthly vision board for May (plus learn how to make your own!)
It’s time to make your Monthly Vision Board!
Creating a monthly vision board enables you to break down your big goals into more do-able, short-term steps so you can easily make progress. Focusing on a small number of projects for the month means you actually get them done!
My Monthly Vision Board for May
I use the Joyful Life Playbook and Planner because it has more structure than a bullet journal (I tried to organize with a bullet journal), but the flexibility I need to adjust as life changes. You can also create your vision board on piece of paper.
To decorate the page I used Recollections washi tape, some words and phrases I cut out of magazines. (See my fave planning supplies HERE.)
This month is all about growth so I used a lot of green.
HOW TO MAKE A MONTHLY VISION BOARD
To make my monthly vision board work, I include three steps:
The first step in making an effective monthly vision board is to take a look back and celebrate all of the blessings, happy happenings and accomplishments of the previous month.
I’m celebrating these blessings from April:
- hosting a successful graduation party for my youngest daughter
- finding a gorgeous turquoise vase during my thrifting adventures
- finishing our guest bathroom remodel (See the BEFORE HERE. See the AFTER HERE.)
- enjoying a fun double date with friends
- shopping with my daughter and finding a fun prom dress
Vision and Focus
The next step in creating an effective monthly vision board is to think about what you want to happen in the upcoming month so you can narrow your focus to what’s really most important for the next few weeks.
This month I’m focusing on healing and growth.
Must-Do’s This Month
The final section of a good monthly vision board is the list of actions you need to take for the upcoming month.
I divide this section into six segments: personal, people, passion, purpose, projects and events. I try to limit my action steps to just a couple in each category to ensure that I can actually accomplish them.
This month I planned:
- my usual self care routines including drinking lots of water and exercising daily
- renewing my commitment to journaling every morning
- weekly dates with my husband as well as scheduled chat time with my daughters
- a wedding we will attend for dear friends
- my usual park time and art time because I need nature and creativity!
- looking for a car for my youngest daughter
- honoring my husband and having more fun together
- praying often for my children
If you haven’t tried creating a monthly vision board, I encourage you to start this month. You’ll be amazed at how it helps you to focus on what truly matters most to you.
If you want a planning system that incorporates a monthly vision board as well as other creative organizing tools, try the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
It’s the system I’ve used for the past five years to create a life I love.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your vision for this month, so leave a comment or a link below with your focus for this month.
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: