Take a peek at my monthly vision board for April (plus learn how to make your own!)
It’s been an incredibly busy month and I’m SO late in posting this, but I DID make a monthly vision board for April.
It’s especially important when life is crazy to take a few minutes to review my long term goals, see how I did the previous month and plan for the upcoming month.
Creating a monthly vision board enables me to break down my big goals into more do-able, short-term steps so I can easily make progress.
My Monthly Vision Board for April
To decorate the page I created a background using my Colour Brusho and Faber Castell Watercolor Crayons (See my fave planning supplies HERE.) – then added some words and phrases I cut out of magazines.
I’m focusing on going back to basics as far as my routines and schedule so the “beige idea” struck a chord with me. It may be boring, but it’s also calming — and that’s what I need right now in this season of life.
HOW TO MAKE A MONTHLY VISION BOARD
To make my monthly vision board work, I include three steps:
The first step in making an effective monthly vision board is to take a look back and celebrate all of the blessings, happy happenings and accomplishments of the previous month.
I’m celebrating these blessings from March:
- successfully launching my oldest daughter from home into a beautiful situation with roommates
- my youngest daughter not being seriously injured when a truck hit her on her bike
- fun family birthday celebrations
- good finds at the thrift store
Vision and Focus
The next step in creating an effective monthly vision board is to think about what you want to happen in the upcoming month so you can narrow your focus to what’s really most important for the next few weeks.
This month I’m focusing on continuing to simplify my life and improving our home. Keeping this focus in mind helps me in making decisions over the month.
You can see some of our home projects on my IGTVvideo channel HERE.
Must-Do’s This Month
The final section of a good monthly vision board is the list of actions you need to take for the upcoming month.
I divide this section into six segments: personal, people, passion, purpose, projects and events. I try to limit my action steps to just a couple in each category to ensure that I can actually accomplish them.
This month I planned:
- my usual self care routines including drinking lots of water and exercising daily
- weekly dates with my husband as well as scheduled chat time with my daughters
- working harder to show respect and appreciation to my husband
- praying often for my children
- painting the exterior of our home
- guest bath remodel
- graduation party for my youngest daughter
- office declutter
If you haven’t tried creating a monthly vision board, I encourage you to start this month. You’ll be amazed at how it helps you to focus on what truly matters most to you.
If you want a planning system that incorporates a monthly vision board as well as other creative organizing tools, try the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
It’s the system I’ve used for the past five years to create a life I love.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your vision for this month, so leave a comment or a link below with your focus for this month.
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: