See my goals update for February and let me know how your goals are going.
So how was your February?
Mine was busy (as usual), but I’m excited about the progress I made on my goals.
So let’s chat about it.
2019 Goals Update – February
Read about how I’m setting goals differently this year HERE.
Vision: Constantly Spiritually Connected
- daily morning brain dump, journaling and prayer session
- tech-free mornings
- read the Bible daily
- pray throughout the day
I’m doing well with all my habits except for not doing my brain dump and journaling for a few days. Having the option to listen to a chapter in the Bible has made a huge difference. I also just downloaded the YouVersion Bible app and have been reading the verse of the day in the Passion Translation. It’s amazing how the verse of the day always speaks to where I am at the moment.
My Physical Health
Vision: Healthily Energized
- walk vigorously at least 25 minutes daily
- do exercise videos when I feel inspired (no pressure)
- eat protein for breakfast daily
- try to eat gluten free and low carb most of the time (allowing myself a cheat day, maybe two each week)
- drink 6-8 glasses of water daily
- go to bed by 10 pm without my phone
- do art work in front of the tv instead of eating
I still haven’t worked out with any fitness videos, but I have walked every day and I’m going to physical therapy twice a week to help with back and neck issues.
I was recently diagnosed with acid reflux so I’ve been eating a cleaner diet to try and limit the problem. (Although I did have some icecream and Oreos this weekend.)
Going to bed without my phone has been a total fail again, but I decided that I’m okay with that for now. I go to bed a little bit earlier to watch videos and I put my phone down when it’s time to go to sleep. I just really love relaxing by watching videos, so I’m not going to worry about it right now.
My Emotional/Mental Health
Vision: Joyfully Content
- art journal when I feel like it
- laugh daily (watch funny videos or read funny blogs/books)
- spend time in nature at least once a week
- play with my dog daily
- weekly counseling
Counseling is going VERY well and is super helpful. You can read a little about that HERE.
My other mental/emotional health habits are going well, although I have not art journaled in a while. I may try to do some art later this week.
I’m continuing to refer to the Bliss List in my Joyful Life Playbook and Planner more often to incorporate tiny joys into my everyday life, which is helping tremendously to make me feel happier.
Vision: Happily In Love
- kiss my husband passionately at least once a day
- speak kind words/express my gratitude daily
- laugh often
- weekly date night ($10 Date Night Ideas)
- weekend getaway at least once this year
All of these habits are going well, and I’ve seen a noticeable difference in my husband’s attitude and the way he interacts with me as a result of expressing my appreciation and respect for him more often. He has been even sweeter and more helpful than usual. and it has made me feel so loved.
You can read Love and Respect (in my Fave Books HERE) for more on this.
Goal: Connected But Not Codependent
- pray daily for my children
- put down my electronics when someone is speaking to me & look at them
- daily chat time (take a walk or chat at bedtime)
- at least three family fun outings this year (challenging now that everyone is older and has a job/college classes)
These habits are going well, and I was super excited to enjoy a family lunch out together this past week to celebrate family birthdays!
Vision: Ridiculously Generous and Abundantly Provided For
- have a weekly money meeting to plan our paycheck (Budget Binder Printables)
- save for multiple home projects including a guest bath refresh and finishing the drywall repair in our master bath
- work toward finishing our long-term emergency fund
- give money from every paycheck
I’m still loving how we’re making giving more of a habit every week. It’s fun to bless others and has made me more conscious of my spending habits.
We are currently cash flowing some home repairs beginning with repairing drywall in our guest bathroom and painting the exterior of our home. We thought it would be simple to remove the ugly wood siding, and then prep to paint, but we ran into a couple of problems. You can see photos HERE.
Goal: Focused and Profitable
- daily prayer and planning for business projects
- create an even better experience for my readers
- maximize what I currently have that is working
This is a work in progress. With everything else going on in my life right now, I would say I’m treading water with these habits. I am praying about direction and writing down ideas I have.
Goal: Peaceful Haven of Hospitality
- continue daily 10 Minute Declutter starting with my office
- continue weekly cleaning schedule
- invite people over at least monthly
I feel good about this goal in general as our home feels warm and cozy (see my new decor HERE). I did work more on decluttering my office, but it has been a slow process. I’ll post more about that later this week hopefully.
And as for inviting people over, we did invite one family but had to reschedule because something came up. This habit is a challenging one for me because I’m not that great at hospitality and feel pretty insecure about it, honestly.
THIS is the tool that helps me to not only set good goals, but actually accomplish them! It’s the system I’ve used for the past five years to create a life I love.
If you want to start living YOUR best life, check out the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your goals and habits for the last month, so please leave a comment or a link below with your focus for this month.
We’re In This Together!
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy:
karen b says
Thanks for sharing…..sounds like you are doing well with your goals.
Kimberlee Stokes says