Take a peek at my monthly vision board (plus learn how to make your own!)
It’s the beginning of the month, which means it’s time to make your monthly vision board if you haven’t yet!
I love taking a little bit of time out of my schedule each month to review my long term goals, see how things went for the previous month and plan for the upcoming month.
Creating a monthly vision board enables me to break down my big goals into more do-able, short-term steps so I can easily make progress.
(I’ll be posting my goals update for February soon.)
My Monthly Vision Board for March
To decorate the page I used some stickers I picked up in the Target Dollar Spot last year, as well as some Recollections washi tape and some words I cut out of a magazine. (See my fave planning supplies HERE.)
HOW TO MAKE A MONTHLY VISION BOARD
To make my monthly vision board work, I include three steps:
The first step in making an effective monthly vision board is to take a look back and celebrate all of the blessings, happy happenings and accomplishments of the previous month.
This month I’m celebrating:
- receiving a tax refund — woohoo!
- a really fun day trip with my husband
- making giving money more of a priority
- better communication in my marriage
- finishing the projects on my list for February
Vision and Focus
The next step in creating an effective monthly vision board is to think about what you want to happen in the upcoming month so you can narrow your focus to what’s really most important for the next few weeks.
This month I’m focusing on continuing to simplify my home, my business and my life in general. Keeping this focus in mind helps me in making decisions over the month. I also want to spend more time in nature because it is so calming and healing to me.
Must-Do’s This Month
The final section of a good monthly vision board is the list of actions you need to take for the upcoming month.
I divide this section into six segments: personal, people, passion, purpose, projects and events. I try to limit my action steps to just a couple in each category to ensure that I can actually accomplish them.
This month I’m planning:
- my usual self care routines with the addition of eating an acid-free diet to help with digestive problems I’ve been experiencing;
- weekly dates with my husband as well as weekly time with my daughters and a date with a friend;
- showing appreciation to my husband;
- praying often for my children;
- painting the exterior of our home;
- 31 Day Declutter (See the details HERE.)
If you haven’t tried creating a monthly vision board, I encourage you to start this month. You’ll be amazed at how it helps you to focus on what truly matters most to you.
If you want a planning system that incorporates a monthly vision board as well as other creative organizing tools, try the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
It’s the system I’ve used for the past five years to create a life I love.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your vision for this month, so leave a comment or a link below with your focus for this month.
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy: