See my goals update for January and let me know how your goals are going.
So how was your January?
Mine was busy and challenging, but I was able to make some progress on my goals for this year so I thought I would update you and check in with how your goals are going so far.
2019 Goals Update – January
Read about how I’m setting goals differently this year HERE.
Vision: Constantly Spiritually Connected
- daily morning brain dump, journaling and prayer session
- tech-free mornings
- read the Bible daily
- pray throughout the day
I’m doing well with reading the Bible daily and I sometimes listen to the chapter I’m on in the free Bible Gateway app. (You can listen to a couple of different versions.) I haven’t been as consistent with doing my morning brain dump because I’ve been getting up late due to going to bed later than I should.
My Physical Health
Vision: Healthily Energized
- walk vigorously at least 25 minutes daily
- do exercise videos when I feel inspired (no pressure)
- eat protein for breakfast daily
- try to eat gluten free and low carb most of the time (allowing myself a cheat day, maybe two each week)
- drink 6-8 glasses of water daily
- go to bed by 10 pm without my phone
- do art work in front of the tv instead of eating
No fitness videos, but I have been walking almost every day and I’m doing well with eating protein for breakfast and drinking 6-8 glasses of water every day.
Going to bed without my phone has been a total fail the last few weeks, primarily because this is a habit I know is good for me, but one which I don’t want to give up because it seems so relaxing to watch videos before bed. I’m thinking about what I can do to replace the phone habit so I can actually break this and go to sleep on time!
My Emotional/Mental Health
Vision: Joyfully Content
- art journal when I feel like it
- laugh daily (watch funny videos or read funny blogs/books)
- spend time in nature at least once a week
- play with my dog daily
- weekly counseling
Counseling is going well, although I decided to go every other week to save some money and have time to process everything. The other habits are going well, but I have only art journaled twice.
And I’m okay with that because, as I mentioned in my 2019 goals post, I’m trying to take the pressure off myself.
I also started referring to the Bliss List in my Joyful Life Playbook and Planner more often to incorporate tiny joys into my everyday life, which is helping tremendously to make me feel happier.
Vision: Happily In Love
- kiss my husband passionately at least once a day
- speak kind words/express my gratitude daily
- laugh often
- weekly date night ($10 Date Night Ideas)
- weekend getaway at least once this year
All of these habits are going well, but I’m also trying to express my respect for my husband on a more regular basis because I’ve been reminded how essential this is to him feeling loved and appreciated. You can read Love and Respect (in my Fave Books HERE) for more on this.
Goal: Connected But Not Codependent
- pray daily for my children
- put down my electronics when someone is speaking to me & look at them
- daily chat time (take a walk or chat at bedtime)
- at least three family fun outings this year (challenging now that everyone is older and has a job/college classes)
These habits are going well, but it is more and more challenging to schedule family time together so we will see how this goes as the year progresses.
Vision: Ridiculously Generous and Abundantly Provided For
- have a weekly money meeting to plan our paycheck (Budget Binder Printables)
- save for multiple home projects including a guest bath refresh and finishing the drywall repair in our master bath
- work toward finishing our long-term emergency fund
- give money from every paycheck
I’m so excited that these habits are going well.
We also added a habit of giving money from every paycheck. We had fallen out of the habit of having weekly money meetings, but now that we’re doing this again it’s something that I really look forward to. It’s so much fun to talk about our goals together and decide where we will give money each week.
Goal: Focused and Profitable
- daily prayer and planning for business projects
- create an even better experience for my readers
- maximize what I currently have that is working
This is a work in progress. I honestly haven’t been praying about my business as much as I should be. When I do, I get great ideas (a couple of which I have already implemented.)
So, I’m going to give myself a “C” on this goal and these habits and try to improve my “score” this month.
Goal: Peaceful Haven of Hospitality
- continue daily 10 Minute Declutter starting with my office
- continue weekly cleaning schedule
- invite people over at least monthly
I feel good about this goal in general as our home feels warm and cozy (see my new decor HERE). But the office declutter didn’t happen last month, so it’s on the agenda for this month.
We also didn’t have anyone over in January, but have invited friends for February.
If you need a planning system that helps you not only set realistic goals but actually accomplish them, check out the Joyful Life Playbook/Planner.
It’s the system I’ve used for the past five years to create a life I love.
Click HERE to read more about it.
I would love to hear about your goals and habits for the last month, so please leave a comment or a link below with your focus for this month.
We’re In This Together!
Want a simpler life?
Join our simplifying, organizing, life-changing community!
Click here to join The Peaceful Mom Community!
Get weekly encouragement & 10 Minute Organizing Tips
PLUS access to our Organizing and Printable Library including:
- 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Calendar — focus on one small area each day of the month
- Organizing Printables – to organize your life one baby step at a time
- Monthly Gifts – because who doesn’t love a surprise?
You May Also Enjoy:
Leave a Reply