It’s that time of year when the world feels fresh and we are all excited about new beginnings.
For the next four weeks you can join me for my January Jumpstart (otherwise known as the 2017 “Get It Together” Challenge) for tips, tools and strategies to get your life started off in the right direction. Each week I’ll give you specific steps you can take to bring order, joy, peace and passion to your days.
This week we are focusing on gaining vision for the upcoming year.
We all know that New Years Resolutions last about two weeks, but vision can motivate you for the long haul.
Working through the planner will help you to envision how you want your life to look, but creating that vision is just the first step. The key to purposefully living the life we want is creating specific action steps, then implementing them daily and weekly.
Our big dreams can motivate us, but our daily actions and habits enable us to actually achieve our dreams.
I personally do this by creating action steps for each goal and then adding those tiny action steps to my weekly plan.
Take a peek at my goals for this year to see exactly what I mean:
My 2017 Goals
Goal: Maintain a close spiritual connection to God.
- daily morning brain dump, journaling and prayer session
- tech-free mornings
- weekly tech-free day or half-day for prayer and reflection
- nightly gratitude journal – write specific, tiny blessings from the day
My Physical Health
Goals: Feel more energetic. Lose fat
- walk at least 20 minutes daily
- do exercise videos at least twice a week (I’m loving The Fitness Marshall — not kid-friendly)
- eat protein for breakfast daily, eat gluten free
- drink 6-8 glasses of water daily
- lift weights at least once a week
- go to bed by 10 pm
My Emotional/Mental Health
Goals: Live at a slower pace, engage in real life and enjoy more daily.
- journal daily
- laugh daily (watch funny videos or read funny blogs/books)
- do artwork at least twice a week
- invest in relationships with people
- spend time in nature at least once a week
- play with my dog daily
Goal: Enjoy a vibrant, intimate relationship with my husband.
- daily chat time
- speak kind words/express my gratitude daily
- kiss my husband passionately at least once a day
- weekly date night ($10 Date Night Ideas)
- make or buy a special treat for him once a week
Goal: Maintain a close relationship with each of my children.
- pray daily for my children
- put down my electronics when someone is speaking to me & look at them
- take each child on an individual “date” at least monthly
- daily chat time (take a walk or chat at bedtime)
- weekly family fun
Goals: Continue building emergency fund; save for home repairs
- post our current specific goals on the fridge & review them daily (use this Savings Target Page)
- have a weekly money meeting to create our spending plan (free budget worksheet)
- buy only needs for the month of January & review overall budget monthly
- research more ways to maximize income from my business
Goal: Enjoy a peaceful and comfortable home.
- daily 10 Minute Declutter starting with master bedroom
- continue weekly cleaning schedule
- save for new shower in master bath
Goal: Simplify every aspect of my business so I am only doing what I’m good at and enjoy.
- eliminate parts of my business that take time but I don’t enjoy
- create new materials for my membership site
- create artwork more often and research ways to sell my art
- research additional ways to make money
Each week I choose several action steps from each category and schedule them in my weekly plan to make sure that I actually accomplish them.
I would love to hear your goals for this year so leave a comment. 🙂
Let’s Make 2017 Fabulous!
Click HERE to pin this post to your Organizing board.
You May Also Enjoy: