Best Gluten Free Cookies: Butterscotch Pecan Cookies
Honestly, I hate most gluten free baked goods but there are times when my daughter comes up with an absolute magical blend of ingredients that makes me glad to eat gluten free, and this is one of those recipes.
By the way, you can purchase the gluten free flours from Amazon or Vitacost. Click here to see our favorite gluten free products and get a FREE $10 Credit on your next Vitacost order.
Before baking these cookies you will need to chill the dough for at least an hour, but if you leave the dough in the fridge for 24 hours it gives the rice flour time to absorb the moisture and results in an even better flavor and a texture that is more similar to cookies made with regular white flour. I will tell you, though, we never make it to the 24 hour mark because these are soooooooooooooooo good!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour/starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk/coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Melt butter over low heat, stirring to prevent burning.
- Pour butter into a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the rice flour, corn starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, salt and baking soda.
- Add brown and white sugar to mixing bowl with melted butter and cream together for one minute. Add egg, egg yolk, milk and vanilla then mix until combined.
- Slowly incorporate flour mixture into the bowl while mixing.
- Stir in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and pecans.
- Chill dough for 1 to 24 hours. (The longer the dough chills, the better the flavor.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shape dough into rounded tablespoonfuls and place two inches a part onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for five minutes, then rotate the cookie sheet so that the cookies in the back are now in the front. Bake for an additional five minutes.
- Cool cookies for two minutes on the cookie sheet, then move them to a wire rack.
- Store uneaten cookies in an airtight container for 1 to 2 days.
Sign up for my Gluten Free Recipe Club and get my new ebook Affordable Gluten Free Dinners FREE!
Click here to get your FREE copy!
You May Also Enjoy:
Tian lustiana says
Thanks for recipe :), i will try it