Get Organized With a Monthly Vision Board
One of my goals here at The Peaceful Mom is to help you live as purposefully and joyfully as possible, so today I’m sharing the primary way that I ensure I’m living intentionally: creating a Monthly Vision Board for our personal life and business.
I use the Monthly Vision Board from the Joyful Life Planner, but if you would like to create your own include these three aspects.
Celebrate Your Progress
Setting and reaching goals can be challenging so it’s always motivational to review the previous month and celebrate any progress you have made. I also like to include what I call “Happy Happenings” — surprise blessings and happy moments. Including these memories and moments has exponentially increased my life satisfaction and gratitude.
Envision Your Future
To live intentionally you need to know what you want. Setting goals at the beginning of the year is great but it’s a good idea to review those goals every month, make adjustments and renew your life vision. Imagine how you want your life to look and write a description of what you want to see happen in the upcoming month.
Create Your Action Steps
Once you decide your vision for the month it’s time to create action steps to reach your goals. Break down your big goals into specific tasks that you can do daily and/or weekly which will move you toward your big life vision.
Here’s a peek at the details of my Vision Board for March.
Celebrate/Happy Happenings in February
- My son gave us a new puppy. (See another cute photo HERE.)
- We were given a new fridge for our budget fixer upper kitchen update.
- We enjoyed a bonfire with friends and a fun family outing to a local park.
- We received some extra money through my favorite Amazon household products purchases. (Thank you!)
- My husband received some extra commission we weren’t expecting.
Goals Accomplished in February
- My husband and I had several fun dates.
- I finished and filed our taxes.
- I walked almost every day in February.
- I painted a new canvas and continued art journaling. (Grab my free Art Journal Jumpstart HERE.)
- I created several new freebies for Beautiful Life 365 subscribers.
- I added Personal Coaching to my business model.
March Vision and Goals
- Walk every day.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- Go to bed by 10 p.m. every night.
- Install a fence in our backyard.
- Save $500 to our emergency fund.
- Enjoy a weekly date with my husband.
- Have at least one fun outing with each of my daughters this month.
- Continue horse back riding lessons for my youngest daughter.
- Continue driving lessons for my youngest daughter.
- Art Journal every day.
- Launch our next session of Beautiful Life 365
- Increase my income through affiliate sales.
- Write posts for April.
Taking the time to review the previous month and create a vision for the upcoming month has dramatically increased my happiness and my productivity. Thanks to this little bit of planning each month I am accomplishing the goals I set and enjoying my life more than ever. I encourage you to try it too!
Let me know what some of your March goals are in the comments. 🙂
You May Also Enjoy:
Wow Kimberlee, I have just come across your website!. It’s amazing and I really want to thank you for providing all of these tips and tools to help live a more fulfilling, sustainable life for free. I live in Australia
and in the last 6 months I just been hit with trauma after trauma to the point that I have lost 3 out of 4 family members (husband & daughter in car accident and father from heart failure) plus another huge amount of upheaval as my husband was the income earner and now I have gone from a very comfortable lifestyle surrounded by family to having to find a job and rely on my Mum to pay for a house for me to rent until I find work. The reason I am telling you all of this is not for sympathy or any other reason than to again say thank you for all the tips you have provided throughout your entries with ways to save and earn extra money, reminding me to be grateful for what I DO have as opposed to constantly thinking about what I DON’T have and plenty more that I can use. May God bless you and your family for your selflessness and kindness as you have restored my hope for the future.
Kimberlee Stokes says
Oh Kate, I am so, so sorry that you have been through so much. I am humbled and honored to know that I have helped in some small way. I pray that God will comfort you and encourage you as only He can. I am so happy to hear that you have hope — it is truly one the most important factors in life.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment here.