It’s that time of year when the world feels fresh and we all want to hit the restart button.
For the next four weeks you can join me for my January Jumpstart for tips, tools and strategies to get your life started off in the right direction. Each week I’ll give you specific steps you can take to bring order to your time, your money, your habits, and your space.
This week we are focusing on gaining vision for your life this year.
While New Years Resolutions soon fade now is the perfect time to step back, take a look at the big picture of your life and gain vision for the next 12 months.
Creating that vision, however, is not enough.
The key to living the life we want is creating specific action steps then implementing them daily and weekly.
Once you have dreamed some big dreams and decided how you want your life to look, it’s time to break those dreams and goals down into realistic, actionable steps and then schedule them on the calendar. I do this by creating action steps for each goal and then adding those steps to my weekly plan. (Click here to read the details of how to create a weekly plan from annual goals.)
Here’s a peek at my goals for this year to show you exactly what I mean:
My 2016 Goals
Goal: Maintain a close spiritual connection to God.
Goals: feel more energetic; tone my arms; lose fat
- walk daily
- eat protein for breakfast
- drink 6-8 glasses of water daily
- lift weights at least twice a week
- go to bed by 10 pm
Goal: Enjoy a vibrant, intimate relationship with my husband.
- daily chat time
- speak kind words/express my gratitude daily
- kiss my husband passionately at least once a day
- weekly date night ($10 Date Night Ideas)
- make or buy a special treat for him once a week
Goal: Maintain a close relationship with each of my children.
- pray daily for my children
- put down my electronics when someone is speaking to me & look at them
- take each child on an individual “date” at least monthly
- daily chat time (take a walk or chat at bedtime)
- weekly family fun
Goals: Continue building emergency fund; pay off medical debt; save additional $3000 this year.
- post our goals on the fridge & review them daily (use this Debt Blaster Game or Savings Target Page)
- have a weekly money meeting to create our spending plan (free budget worksheet).
- buy only needs for the month of January & review overall budget monthly
- Make money by selling items around our home (How to Sell Your Stuff)
Goal: Enjoy a peaceful and comfortable home.
- daily 10 Minute Declutter starting with living room
- continue weekly cleaning schedule
- save for new fridge
Goals: Enjoy what I do and make money doing it.
- continue to reduce expenses
- create at least one e-course this year
- research additional ways to make money
If you’d like more help with creating specific goals and action steps check out my Joyful Life Planner!
Click here to see what’s inside!
What are your goals for this year? Leave a link or a comment below!