Only a few short weeks until Christmas so I thought I would share a peek into our home and our simple budget-friendly Christmas decor.
My style of decorating involves using what we have or can find like the thrift store finds on our entryway table. I also like to throw in a few natural touches like the greenery with red berries in the truck bed.
My other favorite tactic is to add lights to everything!
From the kitchen …
to the Living Room window.
Holiday decorating doesn’t have to be chaotic and overwhelming. Keeping the clutter to a minimum helps our home to feel calm and peaceful during what can be a hectic and stressful time of year.
We will be hosting a small get-together in our home soon so stay tuned later this week for some fun & frugal Christmas party ideas!
My plan for this week:
(Read more details about how I plan here.)
PERSONAL – (daily habits to keep me healthy and happy)
- morning “Brain Dump” (read more here)
- 20 – 30 minute brisk walk daily
- drink 6-8 glasses of water
- re-start on morning and bedtime routines (I have been a little disorganized lately.)
PEOPLE – (activities that develop relationship with those I love)
- date with hubby (at home movie night with special snacks)
- family outing to a local amusement park
- dollar movie with my youngest and a friend
PASSION – (creative and soulful habits that bring me joy and help me connect spiritually)
- work on current painting
- art journal (see my DIY Art Journal here)
PURPOSE – (tasks and activities that enable me to fulfill my life purpose)
- (wife) kiss my husband passionately every morning (A recent study revealed that men who kiss their wives before going to work statistically have fewer car crashes!)
- (mom) pray daily for my children
PROJECTS – (tasks to take care of our household and move me toward my dream)
- work on DIY Art Journal volume 2
- purchase online gifts for my daughters (I did not get this done last week).
- prep for party
I will also be working on the 2016 Goals section of my 2016 Joyful Life Planner. I find it so helpful to reflect on the past year’s blessings and challenges so that I can plan better for the New Year.
Click here to see more of what’s inside.
What’s YOUR plan for this week? Leave a link or a comment below.
(Email readers will need to click through the title of the post to leave a comment.)
You May Also Enjoy: