Every December we enjoy counting down the days until Christmas with fun and creative activities. If you’d like to have fun with your family this December, check out these resources:
FREE Printable Activities
The Peaceful Mom Christmas Countdown Activities — Print the Activity list and use it to make a paper chain. Links for the activities are included on the page.
The Peaceful Mom Advent Activity List — This list is similar to the Christmas Countdown, but includes more spiritual ideas.
Candy on a String –Hershey’s Kisses or candy canes glued on a ribbon. (Thanks Jenny!)
Pretty Boxes –Wrap jewelry or other small boxes in Christmas paper and insert a small treat or a clue as to where to find one). Paste one number on top of each box for the days leading up to December 25th.
Tiny Cards –Write one activity or Bible Verse on each of 25 small cards (such as gift tags), place the cards in small envelopes and write the numbers 1-25 on the outside.
Pocket Advent with Gum — My Little Mochi has the cutest idea for a pocket countdown using gum.
Advent Calendar Tree — Chris hangs tiny buckets filled with treats on a miniature Christmas Tree.
In addition to starting our Christmas Countdown I will be working on a couple of other projects.
My plan for this week:
(Read more details about how I plan here.)
PERSONAL – (daily habits to keep me healthy and happy)
- morning “Brain Dump” (read more here)
- 30 minute prayer walk
- drink 6-8 glasses of water
- eat protein for breakfast
- start bedtime routine by 10 p.m.
PEOPLE – (activities that develop relationship with those I love)
- date with hubby (walk in a park and ice cream)
- picnic lunch with two of my daughters
PASSION – (creative and soulful habits that bring me joy and help me connect spiritually)
- park visit for some fresh air and a nice long walk
- art journal (see my DIY Art Journal here)
PURPOSE – (tasks and activities that enable me to fulfill my life purpose)
- (wife) speak encouraging words to my husband daily
- (mom) pray daily for my children
- (encourager) call a friend who is going through a difficult time and pray with her
PROJECTS – (tasks to take care of our household and move me toward my dream)
- work on DIY Art Journal volume 2
- purchase online gifts for my daughters
- finish Christmas decorations
I will also be working on the Evaluate and Celebrate 2015 section of my 2016 Joyful Life Planner. I find it so helpful to reflect on the past year’s blessings and challenges so that I can plan better for the New Year.
Click here to read more & grab a special bundle offer!
What’s YOUR plan for this week? Leave a link or a comment below.
(Email readers will need to click through the title of the post to leave a comment.)
You May Also Enjoy: