Now that we are focusing on saving money for the Fast Track Savings Challenge I thought I would share an easy, affordable meal with you.
This Lemon Pepper Roasted Sausage and Green Beans dish is made in one pan for easy clean up and only takes a few minutes to prepare. Purchase Italian sausage or bratwurst on sale to make this dish even more budget-friendly.
Lemon Pepper Roasted Sausage and Green Beans
- Bratwurst or Sweet Italian Sausage
- fresh green beans (or frozen beans, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: diced red onion, goat cheese
- Wash and cut ends from green beans.
- Steam beans until tender but not overdone (They should be bright green.)
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Roast sausages in olive oil until cooked through.
- Cut cooked sausage into 1/4 inch thick rounds and return to pan for 3-4 mins to crisp up.
- Remove sausage from the pan and melt the butter in the same pan.
- Add minced garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to pan and stir together.
- In a large bowl add the green beans and sausage then pour the sauce over all.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with sliced red onion and crumbled goat cheese if desired.
You May Also Enjoy:
Leave a Reply