One of the best parts of Fall is enjoying all of the lovely flavors and my favorite by far is pumpkin. This delicious Pumpkin Spice French Toast is a delicious and easy way to give your family some Fall goodness. What’s better than eating breakfast that tastes like pie?
If you aren’t eating gluten free just substitute slices of french bread for the gluten free bread.
A delicious gluten free recipe for Fall from ThePeacefulMom.com!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 9 slices of gluten free bread (we like Udi's)
- maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat an electric griddle or a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and spices until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a shallow dish such as a pie plate.
- Add a couple of pats of butter to griddle or skillet and allow it to melt.
- Dip both sides of a slice of bread into the pumpkin mixture coating it well.
- Transfer bread to griddle and cook for 1-2 minutes until it is golden brown, then flip it to cook the opposite side.
- Serve warm with butter and maple syrup or with powdered sugar.
You May Also Enjoy: