Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Recipe
One of the most difficult aspects of going gluten free is handling holidays, especially if you have a gluten free child who wants to participate in class parties. These yummy gluten free sugar cookies are the perfect treat to take to the classroom, work party or other event (and the guests won’t even guess they’re gluten free!).
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup whipped plain cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons gf baking flour (we use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together butter, whipped cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy (3-4 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla and mix for additional 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Dump all dry ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Scoop teaspoonfuls of the dough and drop it onto parchment paper leaving 2 inches of space between cookies.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove parchment paper with cookies to a rack to cool completely before moving.
You can find Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour on Amazon and Vitacost. Click here to get a FREE $10 credit to Vitacost!
You May Also Enjoy: