Easy Gluten Free Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe-One of my favorite ways to whip up an easy dinner is to make a stir-fry. It’s great in the summer because you don’t have to heat up the kitchen by baking something in the oven, and it’s an awesome way to get those veggies in!
To be honest, I usually just add a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive or coconut oil to the pan, saute my veggies for a few minutes and then add my chicken or steak strips. I personally enjoy the simplicity of the veggies and meat without any sauce, but most of my family adds soy sauce.
The following recipe is a little more dressed up than my simple stir fry, but if you want the knock-your-socks off version, see the second recipe below it.
When we tried this second sauce, I said “forget it” and I’m never going back to boring stir fry again!
Easy Gluten Free Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
(2) 12 oz. bags fresh stir-fry vegetables (we like Eat Smart Vegetables)
or 3 cups of stir-fry vegetables of your choice (broccoli, snow peas, carrots, etc.)
1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
1 cup chicken broth (check label to make sure it is gluten free)
2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
In a large skillet, heat the oils over medium-high heat.
Add the vegetables and onion, and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
Remove vegetables to a separate bowl.
Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Return vegetables to the pan with the chicken and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until slightly softened, but still crispy.
Combine sauce ingredients and add to the chicken mixture in the pan.
Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce heat to medium or medium low and simmer about 4 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
Stir well to coat the meat and vegetables with the sauce.
Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (we used olive oil)
- 2 bags of fresh stir fry vegetables
- 2/3 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (to thicken the sauce)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon dry ground ginger)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar and corn starch in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Mix ginger, garlic and red pepper into the sauce.
- Coat chicken with marinade and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir vegetables until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, reserving liquid, and place in the skillet.
- Cook and stir chicken about 2 minutes per side, or until slightly pink on the inside.
- Return vegetables and reserved marinade to the skillet.
- Bring the sauce to a boil then cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender (5 to 7 minutes).
- Serve over rice.
You May Also Enjoy: