Gluten Free Mini Pumpkin Pie Recipe
One of my very favorite things about Fall is enjoying pumpkin pie but now that my daughter has to eat gluten free I don’t want her to miss out on the fun.
This year we made gluten free mini pumpkin pies in a muffin tin and they were just perfect. These would also make super cute gifts!
See the recipe below if you want to try it for yourself.
Click here to join in the fun!
- 3 cups gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter--do not use butter substitutes
- 7-8 tablespoons cold milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- In a large bowl, combine gluten free flour and salt.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until a forms a coarse meal.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of milk at a time into flour mixture while mashing with a fork until all ingredients are moist.
- Place dough on a sheet of wax paper and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Place a second sheet of wax paper on top of the flattened dough and roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut dough into (12) four inch diameter circles using a bowl or large cookie cutter.
- Place one dough circle in each cup of a buttered muffin tin, allowing the crust to fold over the top of the muffin tin cup.
- To prepare filling, combine sugar, salt and spices in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, pumpkin and milk.
- Beat until well combined.
- Add sugar and spice mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Fill pie cups almost full.
- Bake mini pumpkin pies at 425* for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350* and bake for 25-30 minutes (15-20 minutes less than a regular pie).
- Allow pies to sit in muffin tin for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove pies on a wire rack for a couple of hours to let the pumpkin filling set.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream to each mini pie if desired.