Savory Scramble-We like eggs at our house–they’re a great way to get some protein in for the day. Recently, though, we have definitely fallen into a fried egg rut, so I came up with this Savory Scramble recipe to add some flavor to breakfast.
A tasty recipe from ThePeacefulMom.com!
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons shredded cheddar or other cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a small stainless steel or iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter.
- When the butter is almost completely melted, add red and green onions and saute for 1-2 minutes or until red onions become slightly translucent.
- Add eggs and allow the whites to cook slightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (freshly ground pepper is nice.)
- With a metal spatula, gently scrape the eggs from the edges to the center and stir.
- While the egg mixture is still wet, but no longer liquid, scoop the eggs into the center of the pan to form a mound.
- Turn stove off and allow eggs to cook 1 minute longer.
- Serve immediately.