I’ve started making a DIY Italian Salad Dressing Mix. Not only is it cheaper than buying bottled dressing, it’s also healthier and I can control the ingredients.
An easy and healthy recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1 tablespoon ground dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground pepper is nice)
- Mix ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to blend.
- Store for up to six months in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- To make dressing, pour 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil into a glass jar with a screw top lid.
- Add 1/4 cup red or balsamic vinegar.
- Add 2 tablespoons Italian Salad Dressing Mix.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
You can also add:
1 tablespoon granulated sugar and /or 1/3 cup powdered Parmesan cheese to the dry mix.
You can also use this seasoning mix or the dressing in marinades or to season vegetables!
You May Also Enjoy: