Combine dry ingredients (see recipe below), add wet ingredients and pour over apple mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until done.
- 4 large apples, cored, peeled and sliced (use both tart and sweet apples)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 cups buttermilk (or 3 c. milk + 3 tbs white vinegar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon + 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- *You can substitute 3 cups white flour for the other flours if you are not gluten free.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Core, peel and thinly slice the apples.
- Melt butter over low heat in an oven-proof pan like a cast iron skillet.
- Add apples and cook gently until warmed and a little translucent.
- Flatten apples with a spatula and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs together.
- Add oil, buttermilk and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and mix until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Pour pancake batter over apples and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick to ensure it is fully cooked.
Top your pancake with this yummy syrup!
- 1/4 cup plain full fat yogurt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Whisk ingredients together in a saucepan over low heat.
- Simmer unitl thickened and pour over pancake slices.
I’m Linking up at Gluten Free Wednesday!
You May Also Enjoy: