Tuesday Tips-Make life easier!
This week I’m sharing one of my favorite time saving tips: double-up your cooking. Whenever you cook something that your family enjoys, double the recipe and freeze one for later.
My favorites to double (click the purple links for recipes):
Taco Meat (see recipe below): use in Taco Cups, Burritos or on Nachos.
A yummy and versatile recipe from ThePeacefulMom.com!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1-16 ounce can refried beans
- 1- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Saute onions in olive oil until almost translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown.
- Add spices, beans and tomato paste.
- Stir and cook until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Stir in water to thin the consistency of the mixture.
- Heat through.
- Use as taco or burrito filling or freeze for later use.
What’s your favorite recipe to double and freeze? Leave a comment. 🙂
Click here for more ways to make meal planning easier!
You May Also Enjoy: