Banana Pecan Waffle Recipe
We love waffles–they are cheap to make and taste great. With the addition of bananas, pecans and brown sugar, these waffles are mouth-wateringly delicious!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (add more if you like pecans!)
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- In a second bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla, buttermilk and banana
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients
- Stir until all ingredients are just mixed (some lumps are okay).
- Fold in pecans.
- Cook batter on a waffle iron.
- Serve with butter and syrup
To make these gluten free, use Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour instead of the all purpose flour.
*If you do not have buttermilk, you can add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar for each cup of milk and let it sit for for at least one minute before adding it to the wet ingredients. I have also substituted 1 cup of water for one of the cups of milk without noticing any difference.