I’m on a cranberry kick lately and I found this recipe for Cranberry Blondies. Definitely not gluten free, but it looks delicious and would be great for Christmas parties.
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- (1) 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel, optional
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
In a microwave safe glass bowl, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
Once cool, beat in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in cranberries and chopped chocolate (batter will be thick).
Spread into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and orange peel (if using) until blended. Gradually add half of the melted white chocolate and beat until blended. Frost brownies, then sprinkle with cranberries and drizzle with remaining melted white chocolate. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 1/2 dozen.
I’m linking up at Smockity Frocks.
Phoebe @ GettingFreedom says
These look SO good! My entire family loves cranberries–so this is sure to please.