My Simple Chicken Enchiladas Recipe: This recipe is one of the easiest to use with leftover chicken. It tastes great and only takes a few minutes to prepare. I sometimes skip the cream cheese and sour cream if I don’t have them on hand, and they are still tasty.
Simple Chicken Enchiladas (gluten free)
A super easy and delicious recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened*
- 1/4 cup sour cream*
- 1 1/2 cups prepared salsa, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or Monterey jack
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- (14) 8 inch GF flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream and mix until well combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of salsa and half the shredded cheese.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Place about 1/3-1/2 cup of the filling on a tortilla and roll it up.
- Transfer tortilla to a glass baking dish placing the seam side down.
- Repeat process for remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining salsa over the enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is hot and bubbly and slightly browned.
- *Many times we make these without the dairy products. Simply mix the chicken with 2 cups of prepared salsa, place in the tortillas, rollup and place enchiladas in the baking dish, top with salsa and cheese and bake.
I’m linking up to Gluten Free Wednesdays!
I haven’t told you yet but my family loves this recipe. I’ve made it a half a dozen times now. It’s a great simple recipe and we mix it up by changing salsa and adding a bell peppers or black olives.
Mmm, olives sound good! I am so glad that you like the recipe. Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know. 🙂
VERY tasty! I had trouble controlling myself. I wanted to eat them all! The only problem I had was that I didn’t need all 14 tortillas. Now I need to find out what to do with the remaining four. lol
So glad you enjoyed them Ashley! Have you seen my Easy Cheese Quesadilla Recipe here?
We made this for supper tonight. I have never made enchiladas before, and they were amazing!! They passed the husband test as well – definitely will be on a regular rotation! Thank you!!
Woohoo! Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed them Jennifer. 🙂
I just came across your site from the weekly menu link on Celiac Family, and I love all your wonderful tips and recipes! I’m going to try this one this week. I have a VERY hard time organizing meals for my household of 4, and often end up scrambling at the last minute. (Sometimes literally, like scrambling eggs.) Hoping your site inspires me!
Welcome Dana! We actually had scrambled eggs tonight. 🙂
hey, Peaceful Mom, how do you roll the corn tortillas? do you fry them first? thanks for all the great GF recipes!
We microwave them for a few seconds to soften them up.