Tired of the same old eggs for breakfast? Try this Veggie Breakfast Scramble.
Simple Gluten Free: Veggie Breakfast Scramble
A sunny recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 1/8 cup fresh broccoli slaw (we buy Eat Smart Brand)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 large eggs
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in saute pan.
- Add broccoli slaw and saute for two minutes.
- Add diced onion and saute until onions are just translucent.
- Add eggs and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Stir and cook until eggs are almost done.
- Add cheese (if using) and continue cooking until well done.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruit (orange slices are especially good!)
Feel free to share this recipe, but please give credit and a link back to The Peaceful Mom. Thanks!
Note: I’ve had a few questions about the slaw. It is in the produce department and looks like this:
What else can you use brocolli slaw in?
Here are two salads we make: https://thepeacefulmom.com/2010/04/28/simple-gluten-free-broccoli-slaw-salad/ and https://thepeacefulmom.com/2012/10/31/broccoli-salad-with-cranberries-and-pecans/. We also stir fry it with chicken.
Jacque Shearer says
Thanks for the recipe, Kimberlee. We use Broccoli slaw in so many things, even in Salmon Patties, but I had not thought about trying it in Eggs–sounds delicious–for the next time we have eggs. Blessings!
I hope you enjoy it Jacque! 🙂
gluten free says
Gluten is not our friend, and is causing damage to our children for those unlucky enough to have wheat alergies.
Thanks for sharing. Am I missing something? Is broccoli slaw something you make or buy?
Hi Chad–I just updated the post with a photo. I meant to do that earlier, but forgot about it. Thanks for keeping me on my toes! 🙂
Thanks! I’ll be sure to add that to our shopping list tonight.