Try this fresh chicken salad recipe for a cool summer dinner.
A fresh and tasty recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 2 baked chicken breasts shredded
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 medium Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/8 cup pecans, chopped coarsely (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup non-sweet mayonnaise (we like Duke's)
- Salt or garlic salt to taste.
- In a large glass bowl, combine first four ingredients.
- Add pecans and stir to combine.
- Add desired amount of mayonnaise (we add less to make salad drier) and stir until well incorporated.
- Add seasoning.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours to let flavors combine.
- Serve with gluten free corn tortilla strips (We like Mission brand).