Try this fresh chicken salad recipe for a cool summer dinner.
Crunchy Chicken Salad (Gluten Free)
A fresh and tasty recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 2 baked chicken breasts shredded
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 medium Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/8 cup pecans, chopped coarsely (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup non-sweet mayonnaise (we like Duke's)
- Salt or garlic salt to taste.
- In a large glass bowl, combine first four ingredients.
- Add pecans and stir to combine.
- Add desired amount of mayonnaise (we add less to make salad drier) and stir until well incorporated.
- Add seasoning.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours to let flavors combine.
- Serve with gluten free corn tortilla strips (We like Mission brand).
I’m linking up to Tasty Tuesday and Gluten Free Wednesday!
I’m so excited to find your recipe!!! I’m trying to plan my daughters 30th bday party and need some budget appetizers and this sounds great!!! I’m excited to find this!!! Thank you sooooo much!!!!
Kimberlee Stokes says
You are so welcome Kim! Thanks so much for letting me know. 🙂
Yummy… this sounds so good!
Would it be possible to use yogurt instead of mayo? I am also Soy Free?
I think that could work well especially if you are using apples and pecans in the recipe. You could also check into recipes for making your own mayo using olive oil or another oil instead of soy bean oil.
Allison Gonzalez says
We serve this at my work but on bread (Boo!) I eat it plain for a quick snack between waiting tables, also there is some shredded cheese and craisins in it. I wonder if grapes and raisins would be good in it
Is the measurement for the mayo in cups? I don’t buy it very often, is Hellman’s or Miracle Whip a non sweetened type?
Thanks so much for all your wonderful recipe ideas!!
Oops! Yes, the measurement should be in cups. We like ours with a little less mayo, but I know others like to load it up. Our favorite mayo is Duke’s because it has no added sugar, but I know it is only available in certain parts of the country. Hellman’s would probably be close. I know Miracle Whip has loads of sugar so it is really sweet. Hope this helps!
Yummm… I have to try this one! I have been craving a crunchy chicken salad….and am on a hot pursuit to find one I love!
My pleasure Kimberly!