BBQ Chicken Nachos- A simple recipe to take your nachos to the next level. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and a garnish of green or red onions and enjoy!
Barbecue Chicken Nachos
A super easy recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 bottle BBQ sauce (check ingredients to make sure it's gluten free)
- Lawry's Seasoning Salt to taste (optional)
- 1/2 14 oz. bag gluten free corn tortilla chips ( we like Santitas)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar or Colby/Monterey Jack Cheese
- Sour cream, diced green onions and avocado for garnish if desired.
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Sprinkle lightly with Lawry's Seasoning Salt.
- Cover with BBQ sauce and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until no longer pink inside. (Do not overcook or your chicken will be dry.)
- Shred chicken with a fork.
- Place tortilla chips on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Top with chicken and shredded cheese.
- Cook under the oven broiler for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. (Watch carefully!)
- Serve with sour cream, green onions and avocado if desired.
You May Also Like:
Great Ready Made Gluten Free Lasagna
I’m linking up at Gluten Free Wednesdays
Kelly W says
These look great and I’m going to make them tomorrow! One question though – are the chicken breasts frozen or thawed? Or does it make a difference?
I usually use thawed chicken but if you use frozen you can leave out the sauce and turn the crockpot on high for 1 hour, then pour on the sauce and turn it down to low for around 4 hours depending on your crockpot. When they are just about ready they will start smelling really yummy.
Kelly W says
Great! I really enjoy your blog (I’m a new follower) and have already saved time, money and energy thanks to your tips. Keep up the good work!!
Yeah (jumping up and down for joy)! 🙂