We’re making this today.
Simple “Clay” Dough
- 4 cups white flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Food coloring (optional)
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl and blend until smooth
- Add 1/2 cup of water and continue to mix for a few minutes
- Gradually add the remaining water and continue mixing the dough
- Form the dough into a ball, working in any dry flour and salt left at the bottom of the bowl.
- Knead the dough for approximately five minutes. Add food coloring if desired.
Use cookie cutters to shape this play dough or model it free hand. To dry the dough, place on a foil-covered cookie sheet. Bake in a 250-300 degree F (120-150 degree C) oven until hard (about five minutes for 1″-2″ pieces). When the baked pieces have cooled, paint them with acrylics as desired. Brush or spray on a finishing coat of polyurethane to seal and protect the ornaments.
Leave a Reply