Need an easy dinner? Try this simple and quick cheeseburger casserole recipe.
A tasty recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 1 16 oz pkg uncooked rotini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (we like ours cheesier)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until just tender; drain well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion until almost translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown until almost cooked through.
- Add Italian spices, salt and garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and the cooked drained pasta.
- Mix well.
- Spoon ground beef pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until casserole is hot and bubbly and the cheese is beginning to brown.
*I use pre-cooked ground beef from the freezer (see here).
I’m linking up at Tasty Tuesdays!