Easy Freeze Ahead Meatballs: Cook them now, enjoy them later!
Easy Freeze Ahead Meatballs
An easy freezer recipe from ThePeacefulMom.com!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats plus 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (fresh grated in the refrigerated cheese section of the grocery store)
- 1/2 to 1 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic crushed or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls and place one inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees until the juices run clear and the meatballs start to brown.
- Remove meatballs from cookie sheet and allow to drain on paper towels.
- Once cooled, place the meatballs in plastic zipper bags in desired portions.
I’m linking up at Tasty Tuesdays!
You May Also Enjoy:
I just made a batch of these tonight and cannot wait to pull them out on a busy night. Definitely pinned:)
I hope you enjoy them Erin. 🙂
Lydia (Thrifty, Frugal Mom) says
Love this idea! How do you reheat them? Or maybe I should say at what temp.
I usually thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and then bake them at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. You could also pop them in a crock pot of spaghetti sauce while still frozen and let them heat with the sauce.
Wow! What great timing! I just went to a freezer cooking class tonight. Can’t wait to try out your recipe!
They are great with homemade pasta sauce!
Alycia M says
Thank you for the recipe! 🙂
No problem! I hope they turn out well for you.