Shrimp Avocado Pasta Salad
* 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked penne pasta
* 1/4 pound bacon
* 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 2 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 2 tomatoes, diced
* 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
* 4 cups shredded lettuce
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain. Rinse under cold running water to cool.
2. Place bacon in a skillet over medium high heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain and crumble.
3. In a large bowl, gently toss together the pasta, bacon, shrimp, avocados, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tomatoes, and red pepper. Serve over lettuce.
Leave a Reply