Mar
2014

Spring Clean & Organize 10 Minutes a Day!

10 Minutes a Day Spring Clean and Organize - The Peaceful Mom - -

pinit

Spring Clean and Organize 10 minutes a Day!

It’s almost Spring and that means it’s time to freshen up the house. Cleaning and organizing are not my favorite activities so for the month of March I will be using my 10 Minutes A Day technique and doing a little bit at a time. I will be sharing my projects along with 10 minute tasks you can do each day to get your house back in shape.

This week’s focus area is the kitchen.

I will be clearing some counters, rearranging shelves and going through my cabinets to get rid of anything we are not using. To join in, choose one ten minute project to do each day. Here are a few ideas to get you started:

10 Minute Spring Clean & Organize Projects – Kitchen

clean  your sink well

match your plastic lids and containers and get rid of a few of them

clean a shelf in the fridge

clean your stove top well including under the top

organize your utensil drawer – get rid of what you don’t use

organize a shelf in your pantry

declutter the front of your fridge

organize your spices

clean under your sink

Leave a link or a comment with your project(s) for this week. Let’s do this!

[Read more 10 Minutes a Day Spring Cleaning posts here.]

10 Min. a Day Decluttering

10 Min. a Day Decluttering Projects

Real Help for Decluttering

Real Help for Decluttering

More Organizing Posts

More Organizing Posts

Pamela March 3, 2014 at 9:02 am

Working on organizing my pantry this week. I’m trying to get it done around my full-time job schedule, but I hope to have it transformed by the end of the week!

Kimberlee March 3, 2014 at 10:46 am

That is a great kitchen project Pamela! Working a little bit at a time can make a big difference.

Jessica George March 3, 2014 at 8:35 pm

I’m hopefully gonna get this list done this week. It’s a little easier with me being a stay at home mom. Hope for the best!

Kimberlee March 3, 2014 at 8:39 pm

You can do it Jessica! :)

Esther March 3, 2014 at 5:43 pm

This week I’m going to clean out the fridge, organize a pantry shelf and clean out my fruit bowl. My fruit bowl has somehow become a catch-all. I also work full time and am busy with other activities, but organizing in 10 minute intervals in managable.

Kimberlee March 3, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Great list Esther – you can do it!

Jennifer March 3, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Well- Since we moved into this house in late August, the projects are still ongoing. My husband finally used the 1 day above 40 degrees to fix some bookshelves that have been lingering in the garage. This winter has been brutal so we still are working on arranging the basement and will now get to the boxes of books that were waiting on the shelves. Who wants to work in a cold basement? Its nice to see them arranged in a row and I’ll be glad to get more boxes emptied. Our goal is to get the basement in order before spring and yard work become our focus. We have 3 acres and we’re looking forward to seeing what flowers (if any) pop up this spring.

Kimberlee March 4, 2014 at 12:18 am

A cold basement doesn’t sound fun, but you’ll feel great once the books are on those shelves. :)

Chels March 4, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions for spice organization. Our spice cabinet is a MESS!

Kimberlee March 4, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Hi Chels – I don’t have anything specific to tell you, but I did find this post on the web: http://www.organizinghomelife.com/archives/8422. Hope that helps. :)

Rita m March 6, 2014 at 11:50 am

I have a huge island with cabinets underneath. There is junk in there just waiting to be sent to goodwill! Today that will be my project! Tomorrow is my nightstand!

Kimberlee March 6, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Great idea for a project Rita. :)