Jan
2014

My Weekly {recovery} Plan 1/13

My Weekly Plan Button

Get Organized! Manage your time, simplify your life and live your true priorities with a weekly plan.

Take a look at my plan and create your own with my FREE customizable planner! Read more details about how I plan here.

You know those days when things don’t quite go as planned? Well I had one on Friday of last week. My knee suddenly “failed” and I couldn’t move my leg in any direction without excruciating pain, or even let it “hang” while putting all of my weight on my other leg. There was no way to get me to the car, so we ended up having to call 911 and I was transported to the emergency room by ambulance.

ER

After several tests and hours spent in the ER, the doctor admitted me because he could not figure out what the problem was.  24 hours later I still did not have a definitive answer, only a vague “Rest it and it will get better.” So, I left frustrated and still in extreme pain.

Finally on Saturday night my knee “popped” back into place while I was trying to get into the bed and the extreme pain was gone. I now have swelling, soreness and a limited range of motion, but I can definitely tolerate that compared to the extreme pain I had previously (well, except for the pain of the resulting medical bills).

So my plan for this week looks a little different:

PERSONAL –  rest, stay off my injured leg, drink 6-8 glasses of water every day

PEOPLE -  enjoy my family as they help me with my usual daily tasks

PASSION -  take advantage of the down time by reading a lot

PURPOSE - (wife) be grateful and appreciative to my husband for his extra work helping me this week, (mom) give hugs to my kids daily, (encourager) write what I can for the blog

PROJECTS - get better

What do you have planned this week? Leave a comment. :)

As a gift to my readers, you can now print your own customizable Weekly Plan! Click here to subscribe to The Peaceful Mom Weekly eNotes and you will receive access the download link along with my e-book Stress Free Meals and some other fun bonuses.

Click the download link and type  your info for the week into the planner. Once you are done, right click the form to print and check off each task as you complete it.

(You can see all of the FREE printable planners I have available here.)

You May Also Like:

3 Reasons You Need A Weekly Plan

3 Reasons You Need A Weekly Plan

How to Actually Get Stuff Done

How to Actually Get Stuff Done

Top 5 Ways to Save Time Every Day

Top 5 Ways to Save Time Every Day

Conny January 13, 2014 at 12:54 pm

oh my, Kimberlee!! Saying a prayer for your recovery to full use of the knee. My husband had a weird episode like that too – no diagnosis other than perhaps he twisted it wrong (he was getting up out of a “Indian style” kind of sitting on the floor – but felt no strain or anything – just sudden PAIN), maybe ligaments. Anyway, after x-rays, etc, they sent him home with a brace and pain meds. He was fine again after a few hours – although about twice since, he has felt like his knee was “about to catch” and STOPPED immediately because he felt like it might happen again.

So, take it easy … enjoy the forced rest – God does that sometimes for His purposes. :)

Kimberlee January 13, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Thanks Conny! I’m thinking ligaments might be the cause here too. Rest is good, right? I’ll just keep telling myself that. :)

jennifer January 13, 2014 at 2:00 pm

So sorry to hear about the knee. I have a few thought for you about it as as I had the same problem last winter. It was so bad I finally consented to my husbands chiropractor who also attended our church. Long story shortened I’m not a chiro person (one of those marital differences…) but after that adjustment I had no problems until now. Since you’ve been exercising/walking changing your lifestyle I’m going to take a wild guess that possibly you’re now walking a bit differently and may have put stress on a nerves connected to your knee. Just a thought but when Momma can’t walk/drive a chiro is much cheaper and better than kneee sugery.

Kimberlee January 13, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Thanks Jennifer. Yes, it is probably related to my increased walking and running. I agree – knee surgery would be way more expensive!

sandra January 13, 2014 at 5:05 pm

I am so sorry! I hope you are better and with no pain…
God bless you,and take care!

Kimberlee January 13, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Thank you so much Sandra!

Laura J January 13, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I discovered your website recently and though I’m not a mom, I relate to your sensible, Christian approach. I am an aunt and great-aunt. Recently I took the job at my church as bookkeeper, and I have found I’ve re-examined my own personal approach to finances as a result and am looking forward to your ideas for personal organizing and budgeting. Hope you get a rest and heal quickly. Blessings to you and your loved ones.

Kimberlee January 14, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Welcome Laura! I am glad that you are here. :)

Lynn January 17, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Praying for your speedy recovery!

Kimberlee January 18, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Thanks so much Lynn!

Sheila January 20, 2014 at 2:04 am

Oh my goodness Kimberly! I hope you are back on your feet soon. I had the same thing happen to my knee ten years ago….horrible pain and couldnt straighten my leg. It let out three days later. It happened several times again after that episode. Dr was baffled. Turns out my knee cap does not track exactly right and when its stressed and bent, my leg muscles overcompensate and lock up. Physical therapy helped alot and I havent had it happen in a few years. Im careful not to kneel, sit indian style or stress that knee while bending or standing. Saying prayers for you!! Hope this is a one time thing

Kimberlee January 20, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Thanks Sheila! I am sorry you experienced that. Knee problems are no fun.