Gluten Free Mini Pumpkin Pie Recipe– One of my very favorite things about Fall is enjoying pumpkin pie, but now that my daughter has to eat gluten free, I don’t want her to miss out on the fun.
This year we made gluten free mini pumpkin pies in a muffin tin and they were just perfect. These would also make super cute gifts!
Here’s the recipe if you want to try it for yourself:
- 3 cups gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter--do not use butter substitutes
- 7-8 tablespoons cold milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- In a large bowl, combine gluten free flour and salt.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until a forms a coarse meal.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of milk at a time into flour mixture while mashing with a fork until all ingredients are moist.
- Place dough on a sheet of wax paper and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Place a second sheet of wax paper on top of the flattened dough and roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut dough into (12) four inch diameter circles using a bowl or large cookie cutter.
- Place one dough circle in each cup of a buttered muffin tin, allowing the crust to fold over the top of the muffin tin cup.
- To prepare filling, combine sugar, salt and spices in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, pumpkin and milk.
- Beat until well combined.
- Add sugar and spice mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Fill pie cups almost full.
- Bake mini pumpkin pies at 425* for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350* and bake for 25-30 minutes (15-20 minutes less than a regular pie).
- Allow pies to sit in muffin tin for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove pies on a wire rack for a couple of hours to let the pumpkin filling set.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream to each mini pie if desired.