Nov

Fun Friday Shopping Totals 11/9 + {Grocery Saving Tips!}

Fun Friday Shopping Totals: See how I feed my family of six (including 3 teens) for around $125/week. See our $125 Budget Weekly Menu here

Join me on Twitter or Facebook for daily posts and interaction, or subscribe to my FREE e-newsletter to get posts right in your inbox!

Need to lower your grocery bill? Read more about how I stick to a $125 a week budget in my FREE e-book Save More-Clip Less.

WALMART Part 1

WALMART Part 2–Spent $73.42 total.

Grocery Saving Tip: Stock up on sale meat.

Using the Walmart’s Ad Match Guarantee I was able to buy 20 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts for $.99 a pound, which is the lowest price I have ever seen.

I will use my 8 Dinners in 1 Hour Plan to process and prepare all that chicken.

SAVE A LOT–Spent $39.10.

Grocery Saving Tip: Take advantage of clearance items.

This week I was able to purchase a 16 oz. bag of Dole Spinach for $.70, bananas for $.25/lb and the Chex Cereal for $.75 a box (regularly $3.00–that’s almost 70% off!).

Make sure when purchasing discounted items to check expiration dates and condition of the food. The expiration for the cereal is this month, but we will eat it before the end of the month so it’s no problem.

Weekly Total: $112.52

($125/week budget for six people–Woohoo! I’m under budget again this week!)

November Monthly Total: $221.36

Related Topics:

Why I Shop At Multiple Stores

What We Do About Snacks

Click here to see previous week’s shopping trips.

This Week's Menu

Money Saving Ideas

Easy Recipes

How did you do this week? Leave a comment!

Mandy November 9, 2012 at 11:18 am

It’s 11:15am and you are back from shopping and have posted your pictures. I am still in my pajamas. You win!!!!! hahahahaha $.99/lb chicken breasts is a totally awesome, unheard-of deal. Congrats! I wish there were more food price competition where I live.

Kimberlee November 9, 2012 at 11:23 am

That’s because I did the shopping Wednesday for the menu starting today. I’m still in my PJ’s too! :)

Jennifer November 9, 2012 at 11:32 am

Way to go being under budget again!

Kimberlee November 9, 2012 at 11:37 am

Thanks Jennifer. It really helped to find the cheap chicken and the clearance items. :)

Julie November 9, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I’m so jealous of your cheap chicken :) Best I’ve seen here is $1.99/lb. I am liking this month since the stores do put a lot of good stuff on sale for Thanksgiving, even not-necessarily-Thanksgiving stuff.

I am doing OK this month so far, even with Thanksgiving. I went over my $75 weekly budget last week, I spent $140 over 3 stores. But I got a lot of my Thanksgiving foods, including a 14lb turkey for $8 and a 15lb bag of potatoes for $3. Also for some reason last week my boyfriend requested all kinds of random junk processed foods (ie expensive), I think he was doing the male version of PMS… so I had to get him a few extra things that I wouldn’t normally buy, like cocoa pebbles cereal, and chocolate AND strawberry syrup (that he hasn’t touched grrr).

I’m actually going to shop this weekend for both this coming week, and next up through Thanksgiving, I will be out of town next weekend and don’t want to have to worry about going to the store when I get back. My list isn’t too long as I’ve been being really good about planning meals with stuff from my freezer/pantry. There’s a few more Thanksgiving things on it, but I shouldn’t spend more than $50. I’ll have to do one more trip on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to get a few perishable things like mushrooms, and I’ll be all set!

Kimberlee November 9, 2012 at 4:14 pm

$1.78/lb is the cheapest I have seen, but never $.99/lb! That sounds like a great price for the turkey you bought.

Claire November 9, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Once again, extremely impressive!

Kimberlee November 10, 2012 at 8:51 am

Thank you Claire. :)

laura November 9, 2012 at 6:50 pm

You did a great job this week with the sales Kimberlee!

Kimberlee November 10, 2012 at 8:51 am