Nov

Fun Friday Shopping Totals 11/2 {+ Grocery Saving Tips!}

Fun Friday Shopping Totals: See how I feed my family of six (including 3 teens) for around $125/week. See our $125 Budget Weekly Menu here

Join me on Twitter or Facebook for daily posts and interaction, or subscribe to my FREE e-newsletter to get posts right in your inbox!

Need to lower your grocery bill? Read more about how I stick to a $125 a week budget in my FREE e-book Save More-Clip Less.

PUBLIX--Spent $10.38.

Grocery Saving Tip: Plan your weekly menu around super sale items.

These veggies were $1.00 a bag and you will see them in our menu this week in our Veggie Breakfast ScrambleBroccoli Salad with Cranberries and Pecans, Stir Fry with leftover pork and as a complement to a couple of our lunch meals.

We will use the bagels ($1.09 a bag) to make egg and cheese bagels, pizza bagels and bagels with  Sundried Tomato Spread.

SAVE A LOT–Spent $ 50.18.

Grocery Saving Tip: Purchase staples at one low-cost store.

I saved over $10 by purchasing these items at Save A Lot rather than Walmart.

WALMART–Spent $48.28.

(The milk was actually purchased at Save A Lot, but made it into the photo by mistake).

Grocery Saving Tip: Buy meat at it’s lowest price and freeze it for later.

I used Walmart’s Ad Match Guarantee to purchase ground chuck for $1.99 a pound which is the lowest price for our area. [Read more here how I prepare and cook all that meat.]

Weekly Total: $108.84

Monthly Total: $108.84

($125/week budget for six people)

Related Topics:

Why I Shop At Multiple Stores

What We Do About Snacks

Click here to see previous week’s shopping trips.

This Week's Menu

Money Saving Ideas

Easy Recipes

How did you do this week? Leave a comment!

Tanya November 2, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I just wrote on my blog about purchasing staple items at their lowest price, sometimes at Aldi! It’s a good feeling to post the same thing as a “big blog.” I found a few great staples on sale at Kroger (cream of mushroom soup) here: http://theeconomicalhomemaker.com/kroger-trip-for-huggies-and-mega-event/

Kimberlee November 2, 2012 at 4:56 pm

A good idea is just a good idea Tanya. :)

Deborah~jean November 2, 2012 at 2:34 pm

WISH WE HAD A PUBLIX…..10 ITEMS FOR $10.00 AND GOOD FRESH VEG’S…….GREAT JOB!!!!! HOW DO YOU PROLONG THE LIFE OF THEM BAGGED VEGGIES AND BROCCOLI SLAW? WHENEVER WE BUY BAGS OF LETTUCE I ALWAYS NOTICE A SMELL REAL FAST…

Kimberlee November 2, 2012 at 4:55 pm

These vegetables will keep for a week or more in the bag in the refrigerator. I always make sure to choose the freshest packages when I shop. I think lettuce that is torn goes bad more quickly.

Claire November 2, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Wow, you did really well (especially at Publix). I’m impressed!

Kimberlee November 2, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Thanks Claire!

Katy @ Purposely Frugal November 2, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Do you ever price-match at Wal-Mart? I tried it for the first time today.

Kimberlee November 2, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Yes! I price matched the ground chuck this week.

The Publix is close my house, so I sometimes run in at the beginning of the sale and get the specials before I have my entire grocery list together. The staples at Save A Lot are not advertised so I have to actually go into the store to get the low prices. It’s worth it to me because it is fairly close by and I save a minimum of $10 a week purchasing the items there instead of Walmart.

Diana from Nanny2Mommy November 2, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Wow! Great shopping! Love those Eat Smart Veggies. Yum-O!

Found you on IHeartPublix’s Linky.

I host a linky too! http://bitly.com/QcoBzV

Please feel free to drop by and link up! :)

Kimberlee November 3, 2012 at 12:33 am

Thanks for linking up Diana. :)