Aug

$100 Budget Weekly Menu 8/3 + Recipes!

$100 Budget Weekly Menu (for six people including three teens). The primary way that I save on groceries is to make a menu plan based on the sale items in my area. (Check back later today to see my shopping from this week.)

If you need some help in the menu planning department, I highly recommend eMeals*–weekly menus based on your local store’s sales including recipes and a grocery list starting at just $5 a month! Click here and use promo code PEACEFUL for a 10% discount off of eMeals already low prices!

For a limited time, new subscribers can also get the eMeals Back to School Kit including a back to school checklist, 10 printable lunch box notes and a week of lunch ideas.

Read more about how I stick to a $100 a week budget in my e-book Save More-Clip Less.

Print your own customizable menu planner form here.

*Items marked with an asterisk were purchased in previous weeks in the $100 Budget and are in the pantry, fridge or freezer.

Click purple links to go to recipes!

BREAKFAST

French Toast

Cereal with milk  x2

Egg and Cheese Bagel

Yogurt with cherries and Crockpot Granola

Cheese Toast, banana

Scrambled eggs, plums

LUNCH

Turkey Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese, pickle*

Ham Sandwich, tortilla chips

PBJ, baby carrots and ranch dressing x2

Nachos, avocado slices

Homemade Pizza Bagels* (bagels, sauce, pepperoni previously purchased)

Leftovers from dinner

DINNER

Herbed Pork Roast, steamed cabbage

BBQ Pork Sliders, Red Cabbage Slaw (recipe coming Wednesday!)

Crockpot Chili, corn chips

Chili Dogs (with leftover chili), baked beans

Dinner at an event

Roast Chicken, mashed potatoes*, steamed green beans

Chicken Quesadillas, avocado slices, watermelon

Read what we do about snacks here.

What are you eating this week? Leave a comment or link. :)

Please Note: I post my weekly menu to encourage menu planning and to give meal ideas, not as a nutritional standard. You should feed your family based on your priorities and values.

*affiliate link

Meal Planners

Meal Ideas

FREE E-Book!

For more menu ideas, check out OrgJunkie Menu Plan Mondays.

Crystal @ Serving Joyfully August 3, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Here is our weekly meal plan…along with a confession.

Jennifer G August 5, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I have been reading your blog for a couple of months now. And we are trying to get into a good budget. I was trying to budget $200 a month for groceries and household supplies, but I am finding that it is too low and we are eating out too much because I don’t have enough food on hand. So I am considering switching to your $100 a week budget (which still may have to include the household goods), but maybe doubling that will cut our dining out spending. I am also considering some freezer cooking type meals, so that on those nights that I’d rather just pick something up, we have something easy and healthy in the freezer.

Kimberlee August 5, 2012 at 5:11 pm

You definitely want to have enough food to eat. :) I think the important thing is to find what works for your family and commit to that amount as much as possible. Good for you for taking control of your finances!

Heather August 8, 2012 at 11:27 am

I love how you share your weekly meal plan. I have been meal planning and using a fixed shopping day for over a year now and it has helped tremendously. You cannot shop effectively and save money if you stroll through the store putting together meals on the fly.

This week I used leftover grilled peppers (I bought a few 3-packs on sale and cooked them all before they went bad) and chicken I set aside from a large pack (I made 4 meals from 2 packs) specifically to make fajitas with for a Mexican Meal night. I paired the fajitas with a box of frozen taquitos that were on sale a couple of weeks ago.

We add rice at least once a week to meals because we buy it in bulk at BJ’s and it ends up being pennies per meal.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Georgina March 31, 2013 at 10:30 am

Hi! I have been menu planning for years since I got married because that is what my grandmother who raised me always did to save money so it’s what I know. I checked out your website to see what you do and I’m happy to see I’m not the only one. The only way to save money on food is to plan out ahead what you’re going to have and then shop. Thanks for a great website!

Kimberlee March 31, 2013 at 10:49 am

Making a meal plan is the primary way that I save money on groceries Georgina. You are definitely not alone! Glad you enjoy the website. :)