FREE Checking That Earns Money!

Affiliate Link Disclosure B

[Editor’s Note: Unfortunately, this program is no longer available.]

Since we talk a lot here about saving money, I thought I would tell you about our favorite FREE checking account through Perkstreet Financial!

I only recommend products on the blog that I personally use, or which I believe are a good value for my readers. I can very highly recommend Perkstreet! (Perkstreet does pay me for accounts opened through these links, but I recommended them before I received payment because we have had such a great experience with them. They are also recommended by Dave Ramsey.)

Perkstreet is an online banking service through Bancorp Bank that we have been using for about two years now. Checking accounts are totally FREE and super convenient because withdrawals can be made at lots of local ATMS for FREE. Deposits can be direct deposited or mailed in with the postage paid envelopes provided by Perkstreet.

The very best part about the Perkstreet FREE Checking Account (besides the FREE part :) ) is the fact that you earn cash back rewards just for using your debit card for your normal everyday purchases (as a signature-based, non-PIN transaction), and they rack up rather quickly! We normally get the $100 Walmart gift card which we use to buy household needs like clothing, food or toiletry items.

You can also get gift cards to Target® other retailers like T.J. Maxx®, Marshalls®, and Macy’s, as well as gift cards for restaurants like Dunkin’ Donuts®and Olive Garden® !   You can also get cash, but you have to pay a small fee (redeem $22 in points to get $20 deposited into your account).

Earning cash back with your Perkstreet Debit card is a definite help to the budget and a great alternative for those of you who like to earn cash back, but don’t want to use a credit card.

It’s a no-brainer: Instead of bank fees, get a FREE Perkstreet checking account and start earning money!

Click here to sign up for a FREE account!

*Affiliate links are included in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.

Related AD Topics

Comments

• says

My husband just told me it takes more like 6 months for us to get a card, but hey, we aren’t paying any fees and we’re basically getting $100 free because we aren’t spending anything we wouldn’t normally spend. :)

• says

You earn up to 2% on purchases (there may be some exceptions). Because we don’t spend very much, it takes us about 3-4 months to get a gift card. Of course, if you use the debit card for all your purchases you could earn it much faster.
      You can read all the fine print on the website.

• says

You will have to do your own research. All I can tell you is that I am a conspiracy theorist when it comes to online security. My husband actually had his identity stolen online, so I am very careful to say the least. We have had our account for almost 2 years now and have never had a problem. Dave Ramsey also recommends Perkstreet if that helps. You could do some research on Bancorp Bank if you are interested.

• says

We have been using it for two years now and the only issue is the fact that we have to either make our deposits at the atm or mail them in if they are not direct deposited. They provide postage paid envelopes for the mail option and the turn around is very quick. I really like getting those $100 gift cards so I am willing to put up with the small hassle factor. I would have to drive to the bank to make a deposit anyway. :)

• Linda says

You can transfer money into this account from another account you might have. I just opened a perkstreet account and I am keeping my other account, so it’s simple to transfer the money.. Then no worries about deposits.

1. Jennifer says

Thanks for the info, I’ll definitely be looking into this! I’ve been using USAA which is also online-only since I don’t live near a bank, but they recently got rid of their points system for debit, they only do it for credit now. I usually just use my discover card since I earn pretty good rewards with that, but it’d be nice to have a debit card that earns rewards too!

2. Sarah says

I have just started using Perkstreet and my understanding is that you get the Perks when you use the card as credit not debit. It is all the same card just like you would normally use but you have to press credit not debit to get the Perks.

3. Toney says

I have USAA and I’m thinking about opening a perkstreet just for groceries this coming year…can you deposit from one account to another online. Ex. USAA to Perkstreet?

• says

I think it would depend on USAA’s policies. You usually have to pay a fee at your bank to have them transfer to another bank. I would check with them and see.

4. Esther says

The transaction fee for purchases made outside the states ie Canada is very low. 1% of the transaction amount I believe verses 3-5% or a flat fee. Happy to find this out since we travel to Canada often

5. Jeri says

Most credit unions don’t charge a fee for checking or savings accounts. We are prior military and have accounts with 2 credit unions and we earn points for using them too, and you get to choose who you want your gift cards from like Wal-mart or Applebees. Your local credit union may offer the same advantages.

6. Christa says

I signed up for a Perk Street account and I love it. I’ve already earned a gift card and the best part is that they are located in my home state of Delaware. I’m so happy! Thanks Kimberlee – if it wasn’t for you I would have never found out about Perk Street because I live in central DE and don’t make it up north to Wilmington too much.

7. Jeanie says

I have been using Perkstreet for my banking needs for two years. I cannot say enough good things about Perkstreet. I always opt for the cash back into my account. It’s free money. I love it. I did keep my credit union account open along with my credit union savings account. That way, I can deposit checks if need be into my credit union account and then make electronic transfers to Perkstreet. I have all my accounts linked together. Makes it very convenient.

8. Kathy Gunthorpe Ashdown says

I was wondering if you can’t make electronic transfers to the Perk Street account from another bank account.

9. Robin says

Do they have old fashioned checks? I don’t use them often but every now and then… Also do they charge a fee for ATM withdrawals?

• says

Actually I am not sure because we rarely use checks now. They don’t charge an ATM fee if you use one of their approved ATMs. In my area they are practically on every block–LOL!

10. Danee says

What is one “perk” equal to? It says 22 perks are redeemable for $20, so I’m just wondering how quickly you can rack up “perks”. Thanks for this info, definitely something to look into :)

• says

It is my understanding that the perks are a percentage of what you spend, and that purchases earn different amounts based on what type they are. We earn a $100 gift card about every 4-6 months and we do not spend a lot on our card because we usually use cash. You could call customer service for more detailed information. :)

11. Amelia says

Hello! I have been reading the comments and I am a USAA member and I have accounts with other banking institutions as well. I just wanted to let anyone who has USAA know that if you add the external account on your USAA online banking you can make transfers to and from the different accounts at no cost to you. Also if you are transferring into your USAA account from another the transfer is credited immediately. I am excited to look into this PerkStreet account!

12. Callie says

First visit to your wonderful blog by way of Pinterest, can’t wait to explore the site AND the Perkstreet possibility. Thank you so much for sharing! :)