Jul

Tuesday {healthy} Tip: DIY Drink Reminder Magnets

Tuesday Tips-Make life easier (and healthier)!

Now that it’s summer, it’s especially important to make sure you drink enough water, but it can be difficult to remember. To help jog my memory, I made these drink reminder magnets for the fridge. Each time I finish a glass of water, I move one down. I can see at a glance how much water I’m consuming!

To make a set for yourself, you will need:

magnetic sheets (or recycle advertising magnets from your fridge)

small number stickers

decorative stickers of your choice

Place the numbers 1-8 in the center of 8 decorative stickers (8 glasses a day!). Place each decorative sticker on the magnetic sheet. Trim around stickers. Place magnets on the fridge. Easy!

These magnets are a great way to remind your kids to drink enough this summer.  Allow your child to select his favorite animal or character (fish, cars, butterflies, etc.), and let him or her help you make the magnets. Make sure to give lots of praise every time a magnet is moved. :)

You can also make smaller magnets to put on your stainless steel water bottle so you remember to drink on the go.

[Click to PIN this post!]

By the way, I thought that I was drinking enough water because I take sips throughout the day. The first day I used these magnets, I looked at the refrigerator at dinner time and I had moved one magnet–only one glass of water all day!

How do you make sure to drink enough water? Leave a comment. :)

5 Easy Ways to Drink More Water

Take Care of YOU!

More Tuesday Tips

Crunchy Savings July 10, 2012 at 8:33 am

I LOVE this idea! This idea has been so hot this summer that I really have to keep track of my own water intake! I am currently preggo with baby #3 and am trying my best not to get dehydrated!

I actually have all of the stuff to make these today with the kids! What a great project idea!! Thanks!

Kimberlee July 10, 2012 at 9:02 am

You are very welcome! :)

Maureen July 10, 2012 at 9:04 am

Wonderful idea! I’m famous for dehydrating. I just don’t ever think to drink.

Does your fridge really look like that? I haven’t seen the white of the door on my fridge for years. ;)

Kimberlee July 10, 2012 at 10:43 am

Haha! The front looks like that, but the side is completely covered–LOL!

Julie July 10, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I have a question for you :)

I’m sure you know about the nasty storm that hit the midwest and East coast on June 29th…well, my town was hit hard and like everyone else, we lost electricity. The power was out for a week so we lost all of our food in the process. I have a family of 6 (kids are ages 7-2months) so obviously not including the baby in the food eating! But our budget per week is $70. We were just recently able to increase it from $50. How would you feed your family with very little food in the pantry and nothing in the fridge/freezer? Thanks!

Julie

Kimberlee July 10, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Hi Julie- I am so sorry that you were affected by the storms.

My plan of attack would be to look at what is on sale for the week and plan my meals around the sale items as much as possible. If you have a local produce stand you may be able to get some good deals there as well.

For the short term you could take advantage of cheaper meals like oatmeal (the kind you cook, not instant packets) and eggs for breakfast; quesadillas, macaroni and cheese and pbj for lunch; pasta with sauce, homemade soup, beans and rice, grilled cheese sandwiches, baked potatoes and salad for dinner. You can also make breakfast for dinner (pancakes are pretty cheap to make from scratch).

Hillbilly Housewife has an emergency menu for $40 to feed 4-6 people. Maybe you could take a look at that and adapt it. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Bree July 10, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I spend so little time at home between two jobs, I have two (one for each job) 32oz water bottles that I fill every night & put in the fridge. That way I know about where I am & how much left to drink without worrying about how many times I’ve filled a glass (I tried that first, total failure).

Shelley July 13, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I love this idea! :-) I actually have planned to make the Car activity Bags as well for our upcoming trip to Fl, However I can’t find the Magnetic Pages, I’ve actually only looked at walmart (several different stores) and Target. Where did you get yours? Miss you all! =)

Kimberlee July 13, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I found mine in the craft section of Walmart. I am sure that Michaels will have them if Walmart doesn’t. Good luck!

Kim August 13, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Love Love love the magnets.. was trying to think of a way and this just hits the spot… Thanks.

Kimberlee August 13, 2012 at 6:12 pm