Jul

$100 Budget Weekly Menu 7/6

$100 Budget Weekly Menu (for six people including three teens): My two main strategies for saving money are (1) to make a weekly menu plan based on the sale items in my area and (2) to buy multiple sale items when they are at their lowest price.

Instead of deciding my menu first, I look at the sale items plus what I have in my pantry, fridge and freezer, and then make my menu based on those items.

You may not be able to get the same kinds of deals that I do (check back later today to see this week’s shopping), but you can save just by making a menu plan. Use my menu as a starting point, or check out eMeals menu plans. They start at just $5 a month and my readers can get an additional 10% off the already low prices by using promo code PEACEFUL!

Read more about how I stick to a $100 a week budget in my FREE e-book Save More-Clip Less.

Print your own customizable menu planner form here.

*Items marked with an asterisk were purchased in previous weeks in the $100 Budget and are in the pantry, fridge or freezer.

Click purple links to go to recipes!

BREAKFAST

French Toast, sausage links*

Fried Eggs, pineapple slices

Egg and Cheese Bagel

Homemade waffleshomemade waffle syrup

Cereal with milk x2

Cheese toast, cantaloupe slices

LUNCH

Peach Mango Smoothie* (we used chunks of orange and a little water instead of the orange juice), popcorn*

Grilled Cheese, carrots and celery sticks with ranch dressing

Homemade Pizza Bagels, carrots with ranch dressing*

Salad with Italian Chicken (chicken breast strips marinated in Italian dressing* and sauteed)

Turkey Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese, pickles*

Nachos, avocado slices

Ham and Provolone Cheese Sandwich, pickles*

DINNER

Mango Salsa Chicken, rice*, steamed broccoli and cauliflower*

Taco Cups, steamed green beans

Pasta with Italian Sausage Sauce, salad

Cheese Burgers, corn on the cob

Hot Dogs, baked beans*

Ranch Chicken Casserole, steamed green beans

Quesadillas, Black Bean and Corn Salsa*

Read how we handle snacks here.

What are you eating this week? Leave a comment or link. :)

Please Note: I post my weekly menu to encourage menu planning and to give meal ideas, not as a nutritional standard. You should feed your family based on your priorities and values.

EMEALS EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

If you would like menu planning help, check out eMeals*–weekly menus based on your local store’s sales including recipes and a grocery list! Click here and use promo code PEACEFUL for a 10% discount off of eMeals already low prices!

*affiliate link

Meal Planners

Meal Ideas

FREE E-Book!

For more menu ideas, check out OrgJunkie Menu Plan Mondays.

Deborah~jean July 6, 2012 at 9:30 am

You are truely an inspiration to so many!!!!

Kimberlee July 6, 2012 at 10:48 am

Thank you so much Deborah-jean!

Beverly July 6, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Yummy & so easy. I need to start doing this even though it’s just my guy and I. It’s so easy and keeps you in budget!

Sally July 6, 2012 at 9:42 pm

First: LOVE your message!
Most of our meals center around whatever is ripe in our “garden” or what has been canned/ dehydrated/ frozen from last year’s harvest. Organic foods are more affordable in your yard or the farmer’s market. Enjoy what is in season and preserve the overflow to enjoy the rest of the year.
Breakfast:
oatmeal with dehydrated strawberries or dehydrated peaches or cereal or eggs from a neighbor
Lunches: Dinner recycled either as a quesadilla or over lettuce as a salad
Dinner:
1. veggie frittata with with onions, squash and peppers from our garden
2. garden lasagna with corn (farmer’s market), green beans, tomatoes, zucchini and garlic from our garden + mushrooms and cheese.
3. oven fried chicken thighs with baked zucchini & tomato casserole
4. Baked tilapia with baked sweet potato and salad with a homemade dressing.
5. Pizza Florentine with homemade crust + garden spinach, tomatoes, frozen basil pesto from last year and provolone.
Snacks:
almonds, seasonal local fruit, cheese, raw veggies & hummus
Treat:
Banana “ice cream” made from frozen bananas ( over ripe) creamed in the food processor. Yum!
Fresh lemonade with berries muddled in the glass.

Kimberlee July 6, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I haven’t been brave enough to venture into gardening other than tomato and basil plants in a container. Your dinners sound yummy!

Sally July 6, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Kimberlee, If you can manage a container garden, you are one step away from a raised bed garden (city or country or rooftop) . After all, the seeds do all the work. You just have to put them in the dirt. You get great & nearly free produce, a perfect home-school lesson for biology/nutrition and …free therapy.

Tending this kind of garden is a pleasure. I started with six 4′x4′x12″ beds near my back door. I used the Mel Bartholomews’s book on “square foot gardening” as a guide. Each bed has 16 one foot squares and each square has a crop. Friends are amazed at the variety and volume of produce for the space. Virtually zero weeds. Easily organic. As soon as one crop is finished, the square is replanted with the next crop. We live in Kentucky and get spring, summer, and fall crops. Kale and carrots even last through the winter under the snow.

Your kids could each have their own 4×4 and grow their favorites. My neighbor kids got to help with some planting. It was priceless to have them guess what the plants were and to see their shock when they reached under the soil to pull out a carrot or potato.

You even get to create another chart! ;-) I make a map of the beds and the planting succession for each square along with the dates to plant and harvest. My favorite winter gardening chore is planning the next year’s garden. You’ve inspired me. I hope to return the favor!!

Kimberlee July 7, 2012 at 12:39 am

“You even get to create another chart!”–hahaha! I’m on it!

hsmominmo July 9, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Taco Cups and Ranch Chicken Casserole — going to add these to my ‘Must Try’ list. Thank you!
Corn and Black Bean Salsa: fed this to a crowd 2 weeks ago, it was a hit!

Kimberlee July 9, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I’m so glad you liked the Corn and Black Bean Salsa. We love it!